Proraso in a tub

I have Proraso from a tube in my own (smaller) tub. The tub is smaller than the usual Proraso tub or jar and it makes it easier to use just the "top of the brush" when I swirl it through the tub.

The soap from the tube is softer in the beginning but seems to dry out a bit when used in a tub.

Bye, Eric

Hi Hunnymonster,

Not from me you won't! I am experimenting with the stuff and do have my own jar, but that's originally some sort of saucecup or a gourmet-like cup. So I wouldn't dare calling this the official Italian method. I have seen some ads from Proraso on youtube though, but these aren't meant to give you the official method either.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hHCC2hjCyA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hHCC2hjCyA</a><!-- m -->

Sorry there Hunnymonster!

Eric

More importantly - What do you think of it?

Having bought a few tubs and distributed here, I tried it for myself recently - it's great, but not sure about the chilly menthol.....

I have watched my Sicilian barber Luigi at Salondini shaving customers. He uses Proraso products exclusively. He uses the preshave cream, and a lot of it, he then works in the shave cream with his fingers, paying particular attention with the fingers to the moustache/chin area, using his fingers against the grain. He reckons this is vital. Next the brush and the steam machine. He was a fan of UK WS blades, due to none being available he is using Astra Plat. Superior.

Regards

neocaligatio said:

Having bought a few tubs and distributed here, I tried it for myself recently - it's great, but not sure about the chilly menthol.....

I tried this recently and have been meaning to post about it!

I have to say, it completely blew me away! One of the few hyped products that actually deserve the hype, and I can't believe I've only just tried it. I can't wait to try more Proraso products.

It's a benchmark soap - no-nonsense, no fancy packaging or scent or overpriced bowl, but it just plain works and my shaves with it are just superb. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am now refusing to use anything that does not at least equal it in performance. At the moment, only Mama Bears Rosemary Mint comes close in terms of slickness and skin feel, and perhaps Taylors Rose cream.

I have some Trumpers Coconut soap, and while it lathers well and smells great, gives a very mediocre shave.

If you haven't tried Proraso yet, give it a go! I happen to like the scent (didn't think I would). It's refreshing, and I like it even on winter mornings, as I need waking up in the morning!

John

Proraso in my own tub.

Bought these tubs recently as they were meant to be used as cream cups or something.

It holds exactly 150 ml.

I like the way the brush just fits in and the hot water from the brush can't go "all over the tub".

Bye,

Eric

Attachments

• IMGP3036 klein.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 239
  • IMGP3037 klein.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 232
  • IMGP3032 klein.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 232
jhclare said:
neocaligatio said:

I tried this recently and have been meaning to post about it!

I have to say, it completely blew me away! One of the few hyped products that actually deserve the hype, and I can't believe I've only just tried it. I can't wait to try more Proraso products.

It's a benchmark soap - no-nonsense, no fancy packaging or scent or overpriced bowl, but it just plain works and my shaves with it are just superb. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am now refusing to use anything that does not at least equal it in performance. At the moment, only Mama Bears Rosemary Mint comes close in terms of slickness and skin feel, and perhaps Taylors Rose cream.

I have some Trumpers Coconut soap, and while it lathers well and smells great, gives a very mediocre shave.

If you haven't tried Proraso yet, give it a go! I happen to like the scent (didn't think I would). It's refreshing, and I like it even on winter mornings, as I need waking up in the morning!

John

Got mine out today.

I agree with everything John says.

You may get it even cheaper, but is there really a much better value soap than this which performs as well?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://connaughtshaving.com/prorasosoap.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://connaughtshaving.com/prorasosoap.html</a><!-- m -->

Back
Top Bottom