Proraso + Palmolive Cream

I don't know why, but I have only ever used Proraso Pre Shave with Proraso cream, but the other day I accidently used Palmolive cream by mistake - both green tubes so easily done if you're not fully awake.
What a revelation. Although I rate Palmolive as one of the best creams especially in terms of value, I'd never call it exciting, but with the Proraso Pre underneath...
I was wondering if anyone else had experimented with combinations of Proraso Pre and other creams?

I've used that combination on many an occasion, and I'm struggling to work-out what's giving you the "wow" factor.:huh: I use the Proraso pre/post (or pre only as the new version seems to be called) to maintain beard softness while I prepare lather/load the brush.

chrisbell said:
I've used that combination on many an occasion, and I'm struggling to work-out what's giving you the "wow" factor.:huh: I use the Proraso pre/post (or pre only as the new version seems to be called) to maintain beard softness while I prepare lather/load the brush.

Maybe Wow is too strong a word, but it certainly transforms what is a boring almost scentless cream into something fragrant and menthol and even enhances the smoothness of what is already a very good shave.

Dandy Highwayman said:
chrisbell said:

Maybe Wow is too strong a word, but it certainly transforms what is a boring almost scentless cream into something fragrant and menthol and even enhances the smoothness of what is already a very good shave.

I've never noticed an improvement in scent between lathering it in the bowl (where there's no Proraso) and applying it to my face (where there is). To me, Palmolive cream smells the same (very pleasant to my nose) whatever lathering method I use or whatever it comes into contact with. I'll have to try a shave with it without using the pre-shave cream first to assess if there s a difference.

I use proraso pre both the menthol and the non menthol varieties before and after shaving with a multitude of creams and soaps so far my favourite combo is proraso green pre shave with some Murdock pre shave oil and then TOBS avocado lathered on top the menthol wakes up my skin the lovely orange and bergamont oil awakes my senses and the slick lather and cooling cucumber of the TOBS avocado lets es my skin feeling like I've had a mud bath for the last hour splendid!

Would you recommend the standard Proraso Pre or the Sensitive one? Imminent purchase and not sure what to go for.

My skin is not massively sensitive and not greasy etc.

Regards

Ben

hdb3326 said:
Would you recommend the standard Proraso Pre or the Sensitive one? Imminent purchase and not sure what to go for.

My skin is not massively sensitive and not greasy etc.

Regards

Ben

The mentholated one wakes my skin up as well as cooling it after shave, the sensitive one smells more of freshly mown grass and on application has a mild heating sensation that quickly cools down both have the same consistency I say buy both use the mentholated one with stronger smelling creams

Will get some of the standard green stuff i think.

Got some very nice Vitos from a forum member thanks to Steve and a friend is getting me some Monsavon as well. Should keep me happy for a while.

As well as my new Muhle R89 inbound from Anthony.

Can't wait!

Regards to all
Ben

Back
Top Bottom