Put the Mach 3 down and step AWAY from the razor....

Now that you have learned to shave 'properly' with a DE, you have simply transferred that knowledge to the Mach3 and made it's made a difference.

I know, because I have done the same.

Ian

The big question is whether you had proper prep and decent lather; if you used a good soap/cream and had good technique with a brush pretty much anything will be at least OK.

Conversely, if I ever have to use canned goo (gel/foam) then no amount of razor + blade + technique will help.

"Conversely, if I ever have to use canned goo (gel/foam) then no amount of razor + blade + technique will help."

I had a trip away recently and didn't take a brush and soap/cream. Made do with my old can of Palmolive foam and a WS Classic - not ideal but wasn't that bad.

Father Ted said:
Used a Mach 3 today.
What a bloody good shave I had. Quicker too.
Shall I sell my Ikon and buy some Mach 3 blades??? :?

I have considered the same..but it gets annoying when you have metal shaving gear that can last you 100years if maintained well and..think of family members who can pass them on..a throw away plastic thingy that could cost you thousands over the course of your lifetime and nothing to pass down as possible tradition items..I have asked my friends and they have NEVER questioned the act of passing down shave gear to anyone..nor have they ever heard of a "safety razor"..some have..they just "shrug" and go about their day.though..I may one day go to Mach3...when im old n gray :lol: ..I have AT LEAST 30+yrs left :shock:

Blades

There is nothing to be ashamed off using a M3.

As mentioned above when I used cart's everyday it was canned go applied with fingers. Now I am more knowledgeable about prep, good soap and brush and going with the grain I can bring this skill to cartridge shaving and get a great shave in no time. (well very good at least).

As Fido mentioned a while back he was in a hurry and used the cart but was surprised it was as good a shave as he got. So that is how to approach this, if in a hurry I will grab a cartridge (Sensor) and go the quick route; proper DE shaving is a pleasure to me and if I can't take my time and enjoy it I will not try to rush and screw up a DE shave.

If I continue to use carts for over a few days the ingrowns start to return along with a neck rash; so for me it is a backup. I have a good stash of my favourite Sensor (non Excell) cartridges and keep them for this purpose. If I was forced to choose between a cart with a good soap and brush or DE and canned gel it would the cart every time.

Thankfully I do not have to make this choice.

Back
Top Bottom