Rapira Platinum Luxes - New Seller on Ebay

Ordered 100, looking forward to them arriving. I have ~15 blades in left in the jar, some derby, some wilkinson and other random blades. Hope they turn up soon before I run out.

Placed order on 9th Jan, dispatched on the 12th... This might be cutting it a bit fine...

Thanks Bertie, but I couldn't, what if I like them more than the Rapira blades? What then? I'll be stuck with 100 or so blades that I would think are second class, I've built my hopes and dreams on the day that I might finally be in a place to order some new stock. Oh the dilemma of life.

eneville said:
Thanks Bertie, but I couldn't, what if I like them more than the Rapira blades? What then? I'll be stuck with 100 or so blades that I would think are second class, I've built my hopes and dreams on the day that I might finally be in a place to order some new stock. Oh the dilemma of life.
That's precisely why I'm resisting buying these dirt cheap Russian blades - if I like them more than my stash of 150 Personnas I'm stuffed too [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I had a pack of Voskhods that four of us at work used and thought were great. I think I bought that pack from Stavros when he closed Retro Grooming down. We were so impressed that we bought 100 from unuta77 in Russia.

The blades came before Xmas and because the prices fell we instantly bought another 200 for around the same price.

Although these blades are good we have all been thinking to ourselves that the first pack was better. Anybody else had this experience? I'm not saying that these are knockoffs, just wondering if something has changed? I don't have the packaging from the first pack anymore but I recall it being more glossy and not as dull and cheap looking as these are now.

Scowley said:
Although these blades are good we have all been thinking to ourselves that the first pack was better. Anybody else had this experience?

I've experienced this with Wilkinsons. I *think* it's down to something in the machining process that changes, perhaps there's a grinding process and a different wheel is being used (if they use wheels). Perhaps the steel has changed, maybe their parts supplier is doing something differently. Maybe the factory has moved to another country, or sold off production to another company who is trying to save money now?

Many variables.

I bought a sample pack from unuta77, I found the Rapira Platinum Lux blades to be the best, followed by the Voskhods. I put some pictures on my page if that's any use... Maybe they look the same or different?

https://www.usenix.org.uk/content/wet_shave.html#blades

Would be interesting if they look a bit different as that may indicate a change in supply somewhere, I'm really glad I took so many high-res macros :)

Ordered mine one month ago to the day and they arrived today. I had deliveries from India arrive in a quarter of the time. The combination of Russian and Royal mail seems to be deadly. Give it more time.

Back
Top Bottom