Razor and blade combo

Bought a arist junior and a hd rocket,Tried a few shaves some great some not so good..dont know if its my technique but the hd shave was crap with a feather..just wondered if anyone owns and uses these and what blade you would recommend.

Has a loan of Boab's HD Rocket, was very surprised at it's aggressiveness, with a Feather blade? 2-3 days growth, yes, I'd get a great shave. Every day for that combo, sorry, no way.

My combo's;
Working shave= Slim adjustable with a Gillette Bleue. 1st and 2nd pass at a 2, touch up 5.

Days off/going out= Same razor with a Thin. 1st and 2nd pass at 4, touch up 5.

Regards

slash said:
Bought a arist junior and a hd rocket,Tried a few shaves some great some not so good..dont know if its my technique but the hd shave was crap with a feather..just wondered if anyone owns and uses these and what blade you would recommend.
I tried the Arist. Jr. with a Feather and had a very bad shave, my face felt really rough afterwards and actually took 3 days to recover.
Needless to say I didn't dare trying the HD with the Feather after that.
Nonetheless I cannot say this may be a general rule. I am sure few others here and also across the pond do use these razors with Feather blades pretty comfortably.

My opinion is that the blade factor in DE shaving is a very important one, I used to overlook it when I started but not any more.

Arrowhead said:
I can't speak for the HD Rocket, but my AJ tends to get loaded with an Iridium, or else something you can't get any more. I don't think it's at its best with a Feather for some reason.

:) Will try that combo out now,now where did i put them iridiums :?:

:D Cheers N_Architect tried that combo and a superb shave..
Learning all the time,weird how some blades are great in some razors and not in others..

I agree certain blades perform better in some razors however there's one exeption for me,my merkur 34c works well with pretty much any blade I've tried

Back
Top Bottom