razor bank

Never used this firm before, but I bought a load of these from eBay from a seller who no longer seems to be registered. http://cavemangrooming.co.uk/feather-blade-disposal-bank

At £7 though, it seems very steep to me. And a tin from thr pound shop like Major Tom suggests would be a better bet imho.

Sometimes these will pop up on ebay. This is the company that do them.

Bear in mind they look cheap enough and they might be trade prices, plus VAT and delivery. It might be worth asking them to put some on the bay BIN. Last time I ordered some they worked out about £3.50 £4.00 each.

http://www.salonsdirect.com/product/hair/razors-and-blades/razor-accessories/used-blades-container

I've just contacted them so I'll see if they get back to me.

There are loads of ways of making them from emptied jars and tins from the kitchen - cut a slot in the screw or pop top.

Also, I've seen a purpose made bank in one of the British shaving shops - maybe Connaught.

+1 the savings tins from Poundland. I bought one and it has five months of blades in, so far. And the weight gain is negligible. If you get the big ones they'll last years. Much better than coughing several quid for a ready made one from a dealer.

Bought mine in October 2012, 3-5 blades a week plus a few Feather and Schick blades in there for good measure. Still going strong.

Also @£3.50 -£4.00 delivered, still cheaper than going to Poundland, paying for parking using petrol etc.

I use an Illy can. Open lid, throw blade in, close lid. Very practical. In that way I have access to the used blades if I want to make shims.

Aldi sell a small tin of mints for a quid with a hinged sealing lid. It doesn't take up too much space and mine has 2 years worth of blades in. Job done.

I cut a hole in one of the small coke cans you get on a plane.
Big enough to take a few blades and small enough to hide so SWMBO doesn't mmoan.

Can tomato soup cut slot on the top punch small hole on bottom soup pours out easy,wash out can and soak till label comes off cple coats paint and bobs your uncle.:icon_cool: grandkids can't get at em then as they are in an enclosed tin:icon_smile:

Back
Top Bottom