Razor blade care?

Whats the best process to prolong the life of the blade? Reason I ask, I leave my blade in the razor, rinse and shake before placing in a draw. Im finding more often than not Im changing blades due to rust and/or deposits on the blade rather than dulling from shaving.

What do you do with your razor and blade following shaves?

SIRUSKEY said:
What do you do with your razor and blade following shaves?

I plunge my razor w/blade into a bowl of isopropyl alcohol that I keep at the sink, to displace the H2O, shake, and place into the the razor stand. When I was using TREET Black Beautys last year, I did same routine but wiped the blade dry. Here is an advertisement I found the other day concerning 3 in 1 oil (back in the day) that you can still obtain at the stores. Place a drop of oil between your index finger and thumb and then draw the blade slowly between them. I'll attempt to upload a picture of said advertisement. Regards, Robert [attachment=2901]

Attachments

• It's your face Mr Shaver.jpg
    It's your face Mr Shaver.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 21
I remove the blade and clean the razor with some of the leftover lather and an old toothbrush. I wipe the blade carefully with the same between finger and thumb, dry the razor and put the blade back in.
Only takes a few secs really but I do it more to keep the razor clean than the blade which is only good for a couple of shaves.
regards, beejay

Yep, agreed. A blade for me will only last me up to say 4 shaves so half a week max doesn't make a difference (at a weekend i can use 1 blade anyway).

Im not being a tight ars trying to get a month out of a blade :icon_rolleyes:. Just four shaves does me but Im finding that after the first shave my blade has lost its edge when I come for the second shave.

Dud blades?

I normally get two to three no problems, last week had two out of three Gillette Yellows play havoc with my face and ditched both after the one shave yet the other one lasted three shaves no problem.

Mind i've currently got three razors on the go with Shark SS in each for trial purposes...

Back
Top Bottom