Razor Info required?

I'm wondering if there's anyone who can tell me anything about a razor I just finished restoring, it as never been honed or used before I restored it, there was light rust around by the tang which almost brushed off, the blade and spine were near perfect as new, I didn't like the scales so I replaced them with vintage, and a new faux ivory wedge, new pins washers and internal washers, I think it's 1950s or even 1960s American made razor it certainly doesn't appear older than that, as the title says on the tang Hero razor made in the USA, any info would be welcome. PS I may also be putting this up for sale in a day or two in the BST section, will take a few more photo's tommrow.

regards Jamie.

hero006.jpg

This must be a difficult one, it's drawn a blank on the straight razor place, and just one maybe on the B & B forum, well it's just one of those razors I supose. I have seen vintage DE razors made by hero but never a straight maybe a one off by that company.

Regards Jamie

Yeah Andy I guess you are right, i've ask on the Straight razor forum as well as B & B just one maybe, some guy on B & B thinks it's the same as a razor he uses called a Dixie, but I dont think Sherlock Holmes could solve this one!

Regards Jamie.

I think they made a lot of straight (ha ha) forward razors in USA, often noting fancy to look at, but good shaving quality blades. Often easy to hone and decent quality steel, that's what I heard. My first straight razor was an american razor.

Mikael said:
I think they made a lot of straight (ha ha) forward razors in USA, often noting fancy to look at, but good shaving quality blades. Often easy to hone and decent quality steel, that's what I heard. My first straight razor was an american razor.

I think it could probably be a good shaver Mikael, but you never really can tell till you give it a go, as you say nothing fancy about American made razors but no real rough edges about it either, the unsolved mystery of the forgotten Hero continues.

Regards Jamie

Back
Top Bottom