RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush

Having discovered an enthusiasm for this type of brush, I thought I'd go for the latest offering from Italian Barber. The price of $9.99 was something of a spur. Despatch to the UK is $9.95, and my total bill is £13.57. That's what I call a good deal.

Not tired that one. It looks great though.

I have one of the Muhle style ones and it's brilliant. The loft has been set perfectly.

Not tired that one. It looks great though.

I have one of the Muhle style ones and it's brilliant. The loft has been set perfectly.
Never having been very keen on the older synthetics, I bought the Muhle V2 33K256, more in hope that I'd like it than anything else. I did, and then I decided to "go Plisson", so I have a couple of them. Then it was a big Stirling, and now this latest from IB.
The big niggle now is the neglect of my badger and horsehair brushes.

Me too. At that price its a bargain.

I'm just a little bit annoyed that including just one soap would have doubled the postage cost, so back the soap went.

There seems to be a proliferation of these brushes at the moment. If the knot size and loft is the same as the original Plisson the only difference which can be applied is the handle, but then I suppose the plastic handle of this version does bring the price down quite a bit. Is it the exact same fibre though? Any user comparisons?

The Plisson knots are a bit smaller than these.

I have a feeling it will be just like the Sterling brush but await others thoughts.

The Plisson knots are a bit smaller than these.

I have a feeling it will be just like the Sterling brush but await others thoughts.
Pretty similar.
Stirling - knot 26 x 63, weight 105gm, height 120mm
IB - knot 24 x 57, weight 82gm, height 110mm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom