Really tough stubble

IanM said:
My face is wet for at least 5 minutes before I apply lather, whether I've showered or not.

One question. How do you keep your face wet for 5 minutes? My face dries out so fast as the water drips away. Do you continuously splash water to your face and neck area? I've tried shoving my head in a bowl sink full of warm water and hold my breath in order to soften my beard but not helping :/...thought about the towel. but wouldn't that just drip water all over the bathroom floor? Wonder if there is a thread on pre-prep for shaving...hmm.

new2DE said:
One question. How do you keep your face wet for 5 minutes? My face dries out so fast as the water drips away. Do you continuously splash water to your face and neck area? I've tried shoving my head in a bowl sink full of warm water and hold my breath in order to soften my beard but not helping :/...thought about the towel. but wouldn't that just drip water all over the bathroom floor? Wonder if there is a thread on pre-prep for shaving...hmm.

I tend to wet my face and apply a really sloppy "holding" lather - nothing that could be shaved with... then build the real lather.

Anyway the towel doesn't need to be dripping wet, merely moist...

new2DE said:
IanM said:
My face is wet for at least 5 minutes before I apply lather, whether I've showered or not.

I have thought of a solution to your problem new2DE, just buy a snorkel and you do not need to hold your breath.
Regards,
Pete

A wet, but not dripping wet flannel is the answer, re-soaked in a basin full of properly hot (not just hot-ish, but seriously H-O-T) water. Obviously, you need to use a sample of less hot water for brush soaking - some hot-ish water in an old mug does the job.

Back
Top Bottom