Recommend a Brush

I am using a boars hair brush I bought in the US about 5 years agao and it is still going well, even though it was as cheap as chips. My missus offered to buy me a brush for Christmas. Could I ask for a recommendation for a "cheapish" brush, either boar or badger.

Many thanks

Cheers Rousey

Rousey said:
I am using a boars hair brush I bought in the US about 5 years agao and it is still going well, even though it was as cheap as chips. My missus offered to buy me a brush for Christmas. Could I ask for a recommendation for a "cheapish" brush, either boar or badger.

Many thanks

Cheers Rousey

Personally i recommed Vulfix pure badger something like 2190, its around £20. I think you should buy badger so you can see the difference.

If you want another boar brush, something from Omega would probably be a good choice, or a Semogue if the missus is feeling generous. Otherwise, a Vulfix Grosvenor 404 mixed boar/badger is reckoned to be a good, reasonably-priced choice.

Anything in Badger. Going for the cheaper end of badger brushes gives you more brush for not so much money. If you can spare £20 then Edwin Jagger are great for starters, (I still use one of their cheaper brushes as my main every day brush), or if you can spare £40 or so then I'd go with one of the custom makers from here.

as much as we all sound like a broken record for saying it. I'll 3rd the Fido New Forest Brush recommendation. I have two, they are both utterly superb. My Tubby 2, 2 band best badger, is unbelievably soft, luxurious and looks superb in its ebony finish. My 2201 is also excellent

It depends on your budget:

If under £20, I'd recommend either a Semogue 1305 (boar), or a Frank Shaving in Finest (badger). Good performers for not much cash.

If you can go to about £35, then either a New Forest, or a Rod Neep brush (as mentioned earlier, he has a 25% off deal at present). Both are excellent choices, and great value too.

Francorelli said:
If you can go to about £35, then either a New Forest, or a Rod Neep brush (as mentioned earlier, he has a 25% off deal at present). Both are excellent choices, and great value too.

+ 1 to that too :D I forgot Rodney (I'm sorry!), a Neep or a New Forest, would be my best tip (he he)!

I agree. It need not be the most expensive ones... But you should add a Badger and Horse to your 'stable'. Each is different and fun to use with different soaps.

No personal experience of Rod Neep's brushes, but the right people are saying the right things so he ought to be a safe bet. I do however have a couple of New Forests, and they're excellent to the point that they redefine the performance you can expect at the price.

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your replies and advice. Much appreaciated and I will check out the brushes mentioned.

Cheers, Rousey

At The Shaving Shack they have a great offer on the Vulfix Grosvenor 404 mixed boar/badger. I think this will be my choice.

Thanks for your help guys.

Cheers, Rousey

Rousey said:
At The Shaving Shack they have a great offer on the Vulfix Grosvenor 404 mixed boar/badger. I think this will be my choice.

Thanks for your help guys.

Cheers, Rousey

Good place to get one as well

http://diamondedgeltd.com/acatalog/Progress_Vulfix___Mason_Pearson_shaving_brushes_and_accessories.html

Back
Top Bottom