Recommend me a good cream?

So far in my shaving adventures I have been using soaps and really enjoying them.

I'd like to have a look creams now to see how they sit with me. I like really fresh scents - Fruity, minty, stuff like that.

So then, fine gents of TSR. What do you recommend?

Get ready for a deluge of recommendations.

Dave.

noobstu said:
So far in my shaving adventures I have been using soaps and really enjoying them.

I'd like to have a look creams now to see how they sit with me. I like really fresh scents - Fruity, minty, stuff like that.

So then, fine gents of TSR. What do you recommend?

Well, for minty, there's the obvious Proraso.

If you can get some old formula (pre-Cade) L'Occitane, that stuff was great, too. I finally finished my tube about two months ago, after about 5 years of saving it for special occasions. *Sniff*

Portuguese creams - excellent performers, contain lanolin, but not really that fruity or minty (apart from Musgo Real perhaps).

Italian - Omega or Proraso (minty), SMN (minty but x10 the cost of Proraso), Acca Kappa veggie in a tube (fruity/springy), Dovo menta (minty), Vitos (less minty).

British - plenty of choice there, T&H 1805 (summery), T0BS Avocado, Castle Forbes Lime, Art of Shaving Lemon, Nanny's Yushu or Ice and a Slice soft soap, etc.

Norwegian - Fitjar (Neroli - fruity, Folgefonn Mint - minty).

Muehle/Edwin Jagger - Sea Buckthorn (summery/fruity).

Indian - Godrej Menthol, Morisons.

From American artisan stuff you can take a look at Al's 'Da Bomb'.

Unfortunately in this hobby you cannot really know how something smells and performs until you've given it a go (through either purchasing or sampling).

N_Architect said:
Portuguese creams - excellent performers, contain lanolin, but not really that fruity or minty (apart from Musgo Real perhaps).

Italian - Omega or Proraso (minty), SMN (minty but x10 the cost of Proraso), Acca Kappa veggie in a tube (fruity/springy), Dovo menta (minty), Vitos (less minty).

British - plenty of choice there, T&H 1805 (summery), T0BS Avocado, Castle Forbes Lime, Art of Shaving Lemon, Nanny's Yushu or Ice and a Slice soft soap, etc.

Norwegian - Fitjar (Neroli - fruity, Folgefonn Mint - minty).

Muehle/Edwin Jagger - Sea Buckthorn (summery/fruity).

Indian - Godrej Menthol, Morisons.

From American artisan stuff you can take a look at Al's 'Da Bomb'.

Unfortunately in this hobby you cannot really know how something smells and performs until you've given it a go (through either purchasing or sampling).

Yeah i've just ordered about 6 or 7 sample splodges from Nannys Silly Soap so I can make more informed purchases when I buy the big ones! Heard good things about her stuff. Currently using Professor Blightys "Harlequin" soap which is amazing.

St James Of London Clearwood and Clarysage from TKMaxx is fruity.

Erasmic but with the older coconut formulation in a metal tube, Made In Jordan. Cheap but good.

Body Shop Maca Root is rich and thick.

Back
Top Bottom