Recommend me a new Daily shave soap

If you get bored , with soaps, then go for the smaller sized pucks. More makers are mak8ng soaps 60 to 85 g. I wish more did so.

Small spending spree on Connaught shaving.
I'm trying the Vitos Supercrema (Green), Valobra menthol and Mondial Antica Barbria original citrus (this soap has got me really intrigued along with the Valobra a menthol type almond soap)
Has anyone used any of these?

Small spending spree on Connaught shaving.
I'm trying the Vitos Supercrema (Green), Valobra menthol and Mondial Antica Barbria original citrus (this soap has got me really intrigued along with the Valobra a menthol type almond soap)
Has anyone used any of these?

I've used them all aside from the Mondial one. I found the Valobra croap to be a bit of let down, I prefer Cella. Vitos, and 3P to it, but YMMV as ever.

@Bailes90

I can't speak for Donnie but also found the Valobra croap to be the worst of the bunch, very poor performance left me disappointed and raw faced. I have a block of Vitos Red "extra cocco" here, if you fancy trying some, cover the postage I'll send you a slice.

Vitos red is a bargain and smells amazing. Just doesn't provide the cushion of many others for me.
I replaced it with Stirling Almond, which better suits my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@Bailes90

I can't speak for Donnie but also found the Valobra croap to be the worst of the bunch, very poor performance left me disappointed and raw faced. I have a block of Vitos Red "extra cocco" here, if you fancy trying some, cover the postage I'll send you a slice.
Thanks I'll bear that in mind. I'll try the green when it arrives. Will there be much differance? Have you used both?

Thanks I'll bear that in mind. I'll try the green when it arrives. Will there be much differance? Have you used both?

Ah, didn't realise you'd already ordered some green, well the offer stands.

I've only used the red but have it on good authority they are identical except the red has glycerine which aids slickness and "cocco perfume" which is a mild coconut scent which calms down the almond a bit.

I've used all three types of Vitos and the differences are as follows.

1) Vitos Green - hardest of the 3, mild almond scent with talcum powder scent, more cushion than the others but not as slick.
2) Vitos Red - classic almond scent, a bit softer, good slickness & decent cushion
3) Vitos Red Coco - Amaretto scent, softest of the 3, slickest too but not as much cushion as Green

IMO, there is a difference between all three variants, I think the glycerine content is the highest for Vitos Red Coco and Green doesn't have it but the differences might not matter to some as it might do to others.

Back
Top Bottom