Recommend me a soap for hard water

Like many people I acquired many many soaps and creams, its taken me years to work through them.

I've had enough of almond, lime and sandalwood scents, I'm quite likely to buy some more Tabac but before I do I wandered if there are any strongly fragranced, non menthol hard soaps people may recommend that lather well in hard water?

Have a look at Meißner range. Superb in every way. Last ages and some unusual scents. Have a look at Strong and Scottish one.

I would go with that, the Signature soaps are a fav of mine but do not have a Strong scent, they do not have any overpowering scent if that's what you are looking for. The MDC has stronger scents, fougere and Rose being my fav's in that range. I have a tube of Lemon creme that is nice and strong, but fades quickly, non menthol.
Like you I steer away from Almond and Sandalwood... just sick of it, I would prefer to take a chance on ANY soap as long as it was not either of these.
Prorasso is another I am off...I have 3 part used tubs ( red,white and green) to pif when the lockdown is over and maybe a few straights to sell, maybe do a straight, a soap and a brush...hmmm.

Now I live in the Chilterns, well known for it's hard water, and I flush out chalk deposits from the kettle every other day. I must say I have never really had problems with lathering up in a bowl, except for the Erasmic hard soap, but that improved once I got a nubbed bowl and synthetic brush. So far I have used: Wilkinson tub, Erasmic tub, Erasmic cream, LEA stick, Old Spice cream, Proraso Blue cream and Stirling Coconut & Lime soap. The best ones for lather are Proraso and Stirling, but the others are not far off. Either I haven't tried some of the soaps mentioned in other postings or maybe I'm not too critical. But I certainly manage to get a good to very good shave most of the time. Am I missing something?

I think it might be the time to try MDC.

Following a couple of crappy years with a business failure and marriage breakdown I've got a new partner, a job I'm loving with a mail order company, I got an unexpected 8% pay rise last month and I'm racking up some serious overtime with the upsurge of online shopping during this crisis so it seems appropriate to treat myself.

I think it might be the time to try MDC.

Following a couple of crappy years with a business failure and marriage breakdown I've got a new partner, a job I'm loving with a mail order company, I got an unexpected 8% pay rise last month and I'm racking up some serious overtime with the upsurge of online shopping during this crisis so it seems appropriate to treat myself.
Shaving Station have it in stock and at a good price if I recall correctly

9000km! The scale of things in North America is crazy (I presume your trip was in the Americas?)
The entire trip was completed in Canada.
My daughter was working in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. I live just outside of Thunder Bay in Northern Ontario. We drove to Charlottetown, and returned via Toronto, where we visited with family for a while before driving home to Thunder Bay. Since Thunder Bay is almost in the middle of Canada, we covered less than half the width of Canada, as we didn't take the ferry to Newfoundland. Driving in Canada is often described in hours or days. For example, driving from Thunder Bay to Toronto (both in the same province) is about 1600km or 15 hours drive. I used to leave at 5:00am and drive it in one shot, but I'm getting too old for that... We often take 2 days now and overnight in Sault Ste Marie. (700km)

The entire trip was completed in Canada.
My daughter was working in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. I live just outside of Thunder Bay in Northern Ontario. We drove to Charlottetown, and returned via Toronto, where we visited with family for a while before driving home to Thunder Bay. Since Thunder Bay is almost in the middle of Canada, we covered less than half the width of Canada, as we didn't take the ferry to Newfoundland. Driving in Canada is often described in hours or days. For example, driving from Thunder Bay to Toronto (both in the same province) is about 1600km or 15 hours drive. I used to leave at 5:00am and drive it in one shot, but I'm getting too old for that... We often take 2 days now and overnight in Sault Ste Marie. (700km)

I had a look at the journey on Google Maps and the mind really boggles.

I live in London, UK and driving those kind of distances would take me to Russia!

Back
Top Bottom