Recommend me the mildest

So what to look for in a safety razor if going after mild and effective shave while trying to avoid mild and seven pass shave?

Last edited:
Next on your list has to be the English flat bottom Tech, although any Tech will do. The English Post war Tech (the all brass one) is also a great razor. This is just my experience but I've found the Techs made in England to be smoother than those made in the USA.

The Techs although mild razors will blow the Ben Hur out the sink.

Last edited:
It will soon be time for my son, 15, to start shaving, bit of bum fluff at the moment. He's not getting his hands on any of mine. So this is an interesting read. I'm thinking may be a Wilko for kick off. The mildest I have is a birth Tech, a Feather would be nice, for me ! Makes me sound tight but for a starter I feel something cheaper.

Greetings

Here is a razor I never ever use and you are very welcome to it if you want it. It's a 1963 English Tech, a very common lightweight model with an aluminium handle, it is (IMHO and that of many others) a very mild shaver. If you do not like it, give it away to someone else on the forum.

PM me your address in Sweden if you want it.

Regards
Dick.

P1000722.JPG

Greetings

Here is a razor I never ever use and you are very welcome to it if you want it. It's a 1963 English Tech, a very common lightweight model with an aluminium handle, it is (IMHO and that of many others) a very mild shaver. If you do not like it, give it away to someone else on the forum.

PM me your address in Sweden if you want it.

Regards
Dick.

P1000722.JPG

Great gesture. With the right blade a cracking shave is possible too ;)

Thanks for all the input resulting in a plan – work in progress - trying to find my favourite type of safety razor based on mild vs aggressive

? Next up for test: Got Fatip and Bakelite in transit from TVB shaving guessing 7 and 6 on the list. 1963 thanks to Norfolkdick possibly at 3. Straight razor and Shavette pending while making up my mind if I have the guts to test candidates for 10 and 9. Wilkinson Sword et al looking at 1 on the list will be added if spotted as souvenirs when travelling.

Last edited:
Tech arrived safely in Sweden thx to Norfolkdick even supplied Feather blades for the best possible setup will try the combo tomorrow

tech_1963.jpg.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom