Recommendations

I have some Derby Extras and have tried a couple of Wilkinsons but I fancy getting a sample pack with an assortment of blades to try some new ones.

Can any of you recommend where best to go - eBay? Or somewhere else? And which sample pack to plump for. I'm still very much a DE newbie so nothing too advanced.

Kind regards.

Hiya,

If it was me, I'd order off the a la carte menu. Yep, I wouldn't screw around ordering a dozen blades or more, with only a few of em getting any kinda conversations about how good they are.

Maybe buy something like a Crystal for a nice mild blade, some Gillette SharpEdge (yellow) for a sharp blade, and a Feather just to try down the road sometime. Also, many people like the Astra blade, or one variation anyway.

Those would be enough to hold you for a number of months and you'd be using all the most popular blades.

Martin

the TSR sample pack --> http://www.connaughtshaving.com/tsrbsp.html

i'd go with something like this:-

A1: Shark
A2: Astra SP
B1: super thin plat
B2: 7 O'Clock stainless
B3: personna plat
C1: 7 O'Clock sharp edge
C2: super thin stainless
C3: personna med prep
D: Feather

Thanks gents. I've taken a look at the site. Will definitely go for the popular sample pack, I think. It seems very competitively priced. Another addition to the 'male grooming' bookmarks folder.

Re: RE: Recommendations

Gravy said:
the TSR sample pack --> http://www.connaughtshaving.com/tsrbsp.html

i'd go with something like this:-

A1: Shark
A2: Astra SP
B1: super thin plat
B2: 7 O'Clock stainless
B3: personna plat
C1: 7 O'Clock sharp edge
C2: super thin stainless
C3: personna med prep
D: Feather

That looks an excellent selection of blades.

I went for the TSR sample pack in the end. Some nice looking blades in there. Cheers for the recommendation. Really appreciate your help.

The TSR variety pack arrived today from Connaught. I will be test driving an Astra blade in my Parker 98R tonight. With Proraso Sandalwood and Shea cream and my T&H best badger brush finished off with T&H No10 aftershave balm.

Back
Top Bottom