Red letter day

I decided that I'd done enough "honing my technique" with a seemingly endless supply of Derby blades and it was time to try out some of the blades in my Connaught sample pack.

Decided to try out Lord Platinums... don't read much about them here... and leave the likes of the Chrystals, Personnas, Astras and Feathers for further down the line.

It was in my EJ De 89 (don't have anything else). I wouldn't describe it as revelatory, but if there were only two blades in the world (Derbys and Lords), I'd go for the Lords. Not the closest shave I've had... but so amazingly irritation-free. My alum block is now relegated to "emergencies only". I notice that other types of Lords get good scores in the blade spreadsheet.. that's more bloody stuff to try!

I'll give these a decent try out and move on. It's fun, innit!

hiya,i ve a pack of the lord stainlees to try,just opened a pack of the derby,s to try..a lot better than the timor i tried last week..will have another go with the derby,s then look forward to trying the lord,s,,then the feathers.
all good fun ..........ian

WiffWaff said:
I decided that I'd done enough "honing my technique" with a seemingly endless supply of Derby blades and it was time to try out some of the blades in my Connaught sample pack.

Decided to try out Lord Platinums... don't read much about them here... and leave the likes of the Chrystals, Personnas, Astras and Feathers for further down the line.

It was in my EJ De 89 (don't have anything else). I wouldn't describe it as revelatory, but if there were only two blades in the world (Derbys and Lords), I'd go for the Lords. Not the closest shave I've had... but so amazingly irritation-free. My alum block is now relegated to "emergencies only". I notice that other types of Lords get good scores in the blade spreadsheet.. that's more bloody stuff to try!

I'll give these a decent try out and move on. It's fun, innit!

Just you wait until you get your hands on some Polsilvers or Perma-Sharps.

I like the Lord Platinums, quite sharp but unfortunately seem to go dull after the second shave. I tried the Perma-sharp for the first time today. OK but not as sharp as the Feather or Personna Med Prep.

Back
Top Bottom