Red Personna Blade

Hi

I've just got back into DE shaving and haven't any idea about blades etc currently available. However, I ordered a pack of Red Personna blades and when I took one out it had no writing or markings on it at all. Same for all the other blades in the pack. I'm wondering if this is normal for these blades though.

Wooster

WiffWaff said:
Mine say Personna in big writing. Got mine from Connaughts

Interesting. I got mine from Connaughts too :huh:

Maybe they have changed. I have mailed Connaughts so they will doubtless get back to me in due course.

Wooster

Don't know if anyone else has anything to say on this. I can only report what's on my own Personna Reds. Maybe there's a reason for this. I'll definitely be ordering some more (most likely from Connaught's) so I'll see myself. Maybe it depends on different batches. If they shave as well as the ones I've got I wouldn't worry.

I believe that I have a sleeve of the same Reds (somewhere:)-( ). I'm going on memory and think that they are manufactured in Israel.(?) just labeled different for Commercial Resale.

Mine are in the usual white plastic container with the blue card and Personna print. The blade is in a red, printed wrapper and has Personna printed on the blade itself. I did read somewhere, although forget exactly where that the newer stock was in plain white wrappers. I'll be interested to see what the story is here as so far I really like these blades. They are exactly as shown in Paul's pic here:

wpcbfebcce.png

5015405077026_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

I purchased these £1.89 from asda, the blade is blank and wrapped in plain white paper.
Dont buy these blades they give a very rough shave

The Gentleman's Shop have them at £15 for 200 and we get 10% discount there so that makes £17 delivered. Now that's marvellous value and cheaper than Derby's for us UK shaveurs. :D

Me like that shop.

Aye it is but you've got a longer wait from Turkey and more risk of loss. Saying that I've got 50 Rapira swedes ordered from Turkey and their ebay sellers generally get good reviews. Good spot, Dave!

Hi again. I got a mail back from Peter at Connaught's. Apparently the new Red Personnas don't have anything written on the blade. It was a bit off-putting because it made them look a bit cheap and nasty BUT I tried one tonight and it gave me the best shave I've had so far. Smooth, close, comfortable and a pleasant surprise.

Unless something else crops up, I'm very inclined to stick with these and if all goes well in the next few days a bulk purchase is looming.

I'm amazed at how great these blades feel and the job they do; and at the price!! Wow !

Wooster

Back
Top Bottom