Red Tip Rocket?

Did any of you guys win this Red Tip Rocket on Ebay?

RedTipRocket.jpg

I did Erwin.

I've been tracking if for the last few days, made a decision to keep some of my TTO's I'm selling and thought that a second Red Tip Rocket would round off my collection nicely.

ajc347 said:
I did Erwin.

I've been tracking if for the last few days, made a decision to keep some of my TTO's I'm selling and thought that a second Red Tip Rocket would round off my collection nicely.

Nice, sorry I pushed up the price then.

That was a US Red Tip Super Speed and it looks as though it was missing one of it's end-caps.

It went for far more than I thought it would though.

Ebay's been a bit strange this week in that way. Some items have sold for silly prices and some for far less than they are worth.

Excuse my ignorance I'm still learning, :icon_lol: I've noticed some of the stupid prices they're going for I couldn't believe the one you bought jumped up in price so quick at the end. I've noticed the slim adjustables are starting to get higher prices

I know what you mean mate.

I was hoping to get the Red Tip Rocket for £12.50 and nearly had it at that price until the final 30 secs.

My experience is that most of the bidding for razors takes place in the last minute or so - I tend to try and time my bids to take place within the last 10 seconds if I can. :)

How did you get on with the old type 1920s we talked about the other day? I know you said you wouldn't go over £20 but seeing as your wallets been out today :icon_biggrin:

Dobbo25 said:
How did you get on with the old type 1920s we talked about the other day? I know you said you wouldn't go over £20 but seeing as your wallets been out today :icon_biggrin:

I pushed the budget out slightly on that one and it cost me a couple of pounds more.

It was mis-labelled as an Old type but in reality is a hollow ball-end New ands I've been after one with that particular head variant for some time now. :)

Roefisher said:
Out of curiosity, which vintage double edge razors would be the most expensive or rare nowadays?

Mark

I would say that these are quite sought after / rare:

Red Tip Rocket
Blue Tip Rocket
Tech Handled New
Hollow Ball-end New
Hybrid Tech
#48 Aristocrat Junior
Psycho Tech

I'm really a British Tech / New / Rocket man so can't comment much about other razors such a Single Rings and Aristocrats etc.

I'm sure there will be a fair few others razors that others can let you know about Mark.

Back
Top Bottom