I would say that these are quite sought after / rare:

Red Tip Rocket
Blue Tip Rocket
Tech Handled New
Hollow Ball-end New
Hybrid Tech
#48 Aristocrat Junior
Psycho Tech

I'm really a British Tech / New / Rocket man so can't comment much about other razors such a Single Rings and Aristocrats etc.

I'm sure there will be a fair few others razors that others can let you know about Mark.

A few days ago I recieved a Hybrid Tech. What a great razor to see and a great shaver!

ajc347 said:
Nice one Erwin. :)

I've been looking for one of those for ages.

Like this:icon_razz::icon_razz:

razors001-15.jpg

razors002-17.jpg

razors003-14.jpg

razors004-13.jpg

Don't fall in love unless you have £100 spare. They are nice and a bit more bite than the Fatboy despite seemingly same head design. I know the adjustment mechanism is different though

Nice photos of a very nice find Erwin. :)

It looks to be as close to NOS as you're going to get.

IIRC the last one I saw on ebay in that shape went for £150.

It's all to do with the base plate.

This thread explains it quite succinctly: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/204686-So-what-was-this-one-British-NEW-Tech-hybrid

I think they may also have been Rhodium plated as well.

There is a heavy headed English Tech as well as a lighter one, am I right? I used to have an English fat handle Tech and it's base plate was like the one on the near left shown below:

Tech-5a.JPG

However, the English fat handle Tech I just got for a fiver has what seems to me to be a thinner, lighter version and it looks like the one on the far left.

That's right mate.

There's two versions of the British Fat Handled Tech (three if you count the Hybrid) each of which has a different head.

Then there's the British Thin Handled Tech (of which I've seen two versions of - both with the same head as the one on the near left in your photo; the only difference is that the Thin handle came in two lengths).

There's also a few other British versions that use the haed on the near left such as a Service Set (albeit with a slght varaton to the head design) and two 4-piece travel versions which have handles that unscrew into two parts.

Back
Top Bottom