Active Reggie's Razors Jupiter Passaround

Final thoughts from p.b.:

I don’t like brass razors (or rather, I don’t like the smell of brass razors and more of that later); I don’t like razors heavier than 100g; I really don’t like 100mm handles and I had found the earlier Reggie’s Titan razor uncomfortable: harsh and it cut me which I didn’t expect as I like the R41 and the Progress on higher settings.

So not a great start.

However, this is a very easy to use, comfortable and beautifully made razor. The handle is a dog: it’s too long and heavy (for me) and ugly, but the head is pretty spot for a mild (for me) razor on at about 6/10 for aggression / efficiency so I need 3 to 4 passes. With other handles I noticed the brass smell isn’t there so I wonder if the smell comes from hand oils on the handle rather than the head itself?

I wish Reggie’s would invest more design in the handles (like Blackland) to make the razors more distinctive and ideally I like something halfway between the Jupiter and the Titan.

Thanks to Boyice and Reggie’s for allowing this pass-around – I’m a fan of this razor: I can get a close shave without any discomfort.

1. Boycie83 (TSR/ATG) *Complete*
2. slapo (ATG/TSR) *Complete*
3. bagman (ATG) *Complete*
4. ATG (TSR) *Complete*
5. semajohn (ATG) *Complete*
6. p.b (ATG) *Complete*
7. ajc347 (TSR/ATG) *With*
8. wooky114 (ATG/TSR)
9. OrangeSport (TSR)
10. Gairdner (TSR)

The razor is currently with me guys and I’ve only been able to use it once so far due to my working 13 hour days.

The razor felt as good as I remember the stainless steel version to be and easily mowed down 3 days worth of stubble.

My only dislike so far is the handle knurling. It’s comfortable enough but doesn’t extend down the handle enough for me. This is purely personal preference based upon both the way I choose to hold the razor based upon where I gauge centre of balance to be.

Based upon my very limited experience with it, I must admit to being impressed with this razor, maybe more so than the stainless version.

Back
Top Bottom