Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident

astronomy101_hk_750.jpg

It's an interesting subject which if I'm honest I keep an open mind on. I've a few books on such things, I'm not a tin foil hat wearing bloke but I do believe that reading up on a subject and then coming to my own conclusion rather that just towing a line. Too many important scientific discoveries have been initially dismissed simply because the majority refused to accept them mainly for career preservation.

UFO are the same, safer to dismiss as nonsense and follow the majority.

Perhaps not so much dismissive as tending more towards the ' scientific discovery ' area of speculation Mark. Bearing in mind that in the 1940s the jet powered Horten HO 229 was in the skies and the nazi iron bell and other cutting edge flying devices were being prototyped at Peenemunde who can know what further development was being undertaken by the thousands of nazi scientists and physicists given sanctuary in America under operation ' Paperclip '. Not to speculate on how many were captured, along with devices and records, by the Russians. Operating on the principle of Occam's Razor I'll probably think of a possible terrestial solution being more likely than any other extraterrestial one unless and until more facts emerge. After all, how long was ' stealth ' technology flying operationally before the disinformation and denials ceased and the truth of that particular operational craft was revealed. Guesses about ' Aurora ' experimental flights anyone ...

JohnnyO. o/

Last edited:
Perhaps not so much dismissive as tending more towards the ' scientific discovery ' area of speculation Mark. Bearing in mind that in the 1940s the jet powered Horton HO 229 was in the skies and the nazi iron bell and other cutting edge flying devices were being prototyped at Peenemunde who can know what further development was being undertaken by the thousands of nazi scientists and physicists given sanctuary in America under operation ' Paperclip '. Not to speculate on how many were captured, along with devices and records, by the Russians. Operating on the principle of Occam's Razor I'll probably think of a possible terrestial solution being more likely than any other extraterrestial one unless and until more facts emerge. After all, how long was ' stealth ' technology flying operationally before the disinformation and denials ceased and the truth of that particular operational craft was revealed. Guesses about ' Aurora ' experimental flights anyone ...

JohnnyO. o/
As you say, Johnny, the Horten brothers were up to all sorts before and during WWII in Germany, and it's thought that sightings of secret prototypes for the B2 Spirit stealthy bomber were often reported as 'flying saucers'.

" Bungled and half hearted investigation " sounds about correct Hugo. Conjecture will undoubtedly continue as to whether this was deliberate, as part of an MOD cover up of an incident involving a classified project or just the not unusual case of cock up rather than conspiracy.

Well, lets face it Chris, the crew of a passenger jet seeing an unmarked silhoutte streaking past them some 20,000 feet above their maximum ceiling at speeds unimagineable for any known non rocket powered craft would be well entitled to claim sighting of an unidentified airborne object. Which is exactly what the Stealth would have been at that time. Just not an extraterrestial one.

JohnnyO. o/

its simply a matter of a disinterested government agency being made to do an investigation into an event that was as the sayin goes "top secret, never happened according to the bosses." and "hey, I think hank read that file right before he drowned in his bathtub last night. poor guy was sooo scared of water and bathtubs."

Back
Top Bottom