Replating

AFAIK as I know it's possible, but potentially difficult and therefore expensive, the main issues being removing the old plate, dealing with any existing oxidisation (near impossible) and the requirement for an initial base plate in copper before anything else goes down

Out of curiosity, has anyone commissioned a local company to restore a razor in terms of replating? I know nothing about t': but I see a load of old tired razors on eBay etc, and the price of nice shiny ones on BST etc, and wondered how easy/difficult or expensive it is to go from one to the other. There is a company in the town where I live that replate, no idea if they would take on a bag of razors and do their magic. Personally, I love how people like Delta Echo, dare I say, modernise razors with the likes of a matt black finish. I would love a black GEM SE ;)

+1 for the Delta Echo razors. They really do look the part, if it is your thing of course. It's a shame there is no one in the U.K that can carry out this kind of refurb.

delta echo doesn't do a replate, its a cera kote/ duracote product you can get yourself.

platers in this market, restoration of razors, wont do pot metal of any kind. the issues is that they have a ridiculiously hard time getting a good surface. and the nature of the metal is something that raises the issue of ruining their entire electroplate tank solution of chemical.

Back
Top Bottom