Restoration / Re-plating

Looking at Fatboy or slim
Options are a bit more limited with an adjustable/TTO as it needs someone who's familiar with assembly/disassembly of the the razors. A chap called Stephen of JJ Shaves used to be a UK option for razor refurbishment but he doesn't do it any more (although I understand he still works on straight razors). Chris Spencer of Back Roads Gold is an excellent option but he's based in the US. I have a few of his razors and his work is stellar. The international part of his business operates through Etsy. A tune up of your adjustable and replate in 24k gold or platinum will be ~£120 - £20 of which will be the cost for you to send it to him and the remaining £100 is the purchase through Etsy of his service and return postage to you. It's around £15-20 cheaper if you go for a Nickel option.

If you're happy to dissemble the razor yourself and reassemble it, there are a few UK plating options available to you. The following are also options for 3 piece razors:

Lee Foster of the Gold Plating Company

He did my Karve CB and plates in 24k gold and it looks awesome.

FMJ and do Cerakote (gun coating) I'm a few different colours:

@ATG recently had some work done by them

Elite are another option and can do gold, platinum and rhodium plating.

There is also likely to be a few businesses relatively local to you that could provide a nickel plating service for razor parts.

Back
Top Bottom