http://sorrellshaves.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/review-razorock-bazooka-double-edged.html

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
RazoRock Bazooka DE Razor

It is a double edged safety razor, that shaves your boat race.

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

DESCRIPTION:
Bazooka by name, Bazooka by nature. You can understand why it inherited the name it has when you first lay eyes on the razor. It is one huge hunk of metal. It is a heavy piece of metal too.

The handle is a solid stainless steel beast, nicely knurled and very solid. It adds some heft to the razor, allowing it to tip the scales at 5.6 ounces. It is not a long handle, rather it allows the razor overall to stand at a not so lofty 3 11/32 inches. The steel is polished in non knurled areas, and has a slightly rounded base.

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

Size comparison here, against my Merkur 39C (top) and an Edwin Jagger DE89 variant (bottom):
IMG_0100.jpg

The head is of a closed comb design, and appears to be a plated pot metal, probably zamak. It is etched with the RazoRock logo on the top cap. Whilst the plating and overall finish of the two head pieces isn't up there with the likes of Edwin Jagger, Muhle and Merkur, it is not bad. The cap allows for reasonable blade alignment, nothing that would detract from the quality of the shave.

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
I was looking for a razor that was different from my slant, but emulated one of the properties I loved about a Mongoose, the hefty weight. This razor delivers in that department well! It is a joy to hold and a joy to shave with. The weight of the razor allows you to shave well with no pressure. It has a good amount of blade exposure, enough so that the blade almost sings as it slices through your whiskers. I first thought the short stature of the razor would present a problem, but I am glad to say it was not to be. Did it blow me away in any way? Well yes it did, the quality of the shave was superb. A fresh Astra Superior Stainless blade allowed for a close, but drama free shave. In one pass, it gets closer than my slantbar razor, not something I expected from what has to be considered a budget razor. Budget you say? Yes. It comes in for less than twenty Imperial Credits of the Realm. For a solid, quality stainless steel handle, and a nice shaving head, you'd expect to pay more.

Back
Top Bottom