Review: Timeless Razor's OC model

July 7, 2016
Shave #2
Timeless OC with Hempel Ti
Feather (2)

For work morning shaves, I want a quick, efficient and drama free shave. I would like the shave to be as close to BBS as reasonable without being obsessive. I do not want to have to over think things but just use the tools. For me the Timeless OC just flat nails these goals. Today I stuck with a 3 pass shave but changed the direction of the passes by skipping the WTG pass and going, XTG, ATG & XTG. The fact that the blade is held very rigidly allowed me to skip the WTG pass. I do believe that I will really get this thing dialed in with more use.

DSC00486.JPG Okay couldn't resist a one pass shave with the straight bar. First some background regarding the handle (pictured). It is apparent to me that Timeless Razors was testing the waters or had excess handles because several months ago I bought this handle on eBay but the seller didn't advertise themselves as Timeless but possible one of the family members. Not knowing this at the time because the price of the handle was only $15 (shipping included) I bought one and used it very little. The handle didn't have the Timeless logo on the bottom but when I pulled out my old Paypal invoice the address and look alike of the Handle on their website matched perfectly. Incidentally they stopped selling handles on eBay when the company formed. So in conclusion I think I got a bargain because handles now go for $50 + shipping.

Using Cremo Cream which is slick as hell and a Voshod blade I did a quick but careful one pass go over. This straight bar at a .95 gap shaves extremely close and smooth but the razor handle combination at 113 grams is not a toy. Compared to the ATT H1 it is better and compared to the iKon Tech more refined if you get my drift. Tomorrow morning will really get into it and do a normal two pass shave. I really like this razor,well built and finished off perfectly.

Last edited:
Second day with the OC and as I thought even better than yesterday. First date jitters and all. I love the way it balances with this handle, a real race car now! A two pass near BBS shave. No nicks and no irritation 10 minutes start to finish before work, out the door on time. Like @Clint64 said no drama just good results. It looks like the jaws of death but it's not. I'm impressed, amazed, and very pleased with this razor.

image.jpeg

Second day with the OC and as I thought even better than yesterday. First date jitters and all. I love the way it balances with this handle, a real race car now! A two pass near BBS shave. No nicks and no irritation 10 minutes start to finish before work, out the door on time. Like @Clint64 said no drama just good results. It looks like the jaws of death but it's not. I'm impressed, amazed, and very pleased with this razor.

View attachment 19463

Looks amazing with that handle.
Well, I'm happy to see that the thoughts in my initial review seems to hold true for others as well [emoji3]

View attachment 19458 Okay couldn't resist a one pass shave with the straight bar. First some background regarding the handle (pictured). It is apparent to me that Timeless Razors was testing the waters or had excess handles because several months ago I bought this handle on eBay but the seller didn't advertise themselves as Timeless but possible one of the family members. Not knowing this at the time because the price of the handle was only $15 (shipping included) I bought one and used it very little. The handle didn't have the Timeless logo on the bottom but when I pulled out my old Paypal invoice the address and look alike of the Handle on their website matched perfectly. Incidentally they stopped selling handles on eBay when the company formed. So in conclusion I think I got a bargain because handles now go for $50 + shipping.

Using Cremo Cream which is slick as hell and a Voshod blade I did a quick but careful one pass go over. This straight bar at a .95 gap shaves extremely close and smooth but the razor handle combination at 113 grams is not a toy. Compared to the ATT H1 it is better and compared to the iKon Tech more refined if you get my drift. Tomorrow morning will really get into it and do a normal two pass shave. I really like this razor,well built and finished off perfectly.
Thank you for that info. I absolutely love the handle. Really grippy and definitely mellows the blade feel. What a steal when on eBay!

'more refined' couldn't agree more. Great way of explaining the shave. I have also found it works with a whole selection of blades. My favourite being the Astra SP. Great razor, look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom