Review: Timeless Razor's OC model

Day 2 number of passes 2. I can only describe this shave as too easy. What an incredible razor. I used a Voskhod teflon blade which is turning out to be one of my favorites. Applied TOBS lemon and lime shave cream with a T&H best badger. If you dread shaving this razor will definitely change your mind. Although the blade gap is .95 mm the razor doesn't perform like a monster just the opposite. Smooth and close with easy strokes. The razor demolished any beard I had grown since yesterday afternoon. The fit and finish easily compares if not exceeds a Wolfman. I can say this because I have owned 2 Wolfman razors and the Timeless finish is just as good but shaves better.

DSC00490.JPG

Day 2 number of passes 2. I can only describe this shave as too easy. What an incredible razor. I used a Voskhod teflon blade which is turning out to be one of my favorites. Applied TOBS lemon and lime shave cream with a T&H best badger. If you dread shaving this razor will definitely change your mind. Although the blade gap is .95 mm the razor doesn't perform like a monster just the opposite. Smooth and close with easy strokes. The razor demolished any beard I had grown since yesterday afternoon. The fit and finish easily compares if not exceeds a Wolfman. I can say this because I have owned 2 Wolfman razors and the Timeless finish is just as good but shaves better.

View attachment 19469
I put my WRH2 handle on my Timeless OC a couple of days back and it turned the smooth razor to a beast. More aggressive or apparent on the face (with regards to the blade). Still the same close shave but I much prefer the stock handle. Good to know the shave feel can be manipulated easily.

Shave number 3 with the Timeless OC and Feather combo. Lathered up Mystic Water Eucalyptus & Spearmint into a rich slick lather and went with 3 passes, XTG, ATG & XTG followed by a few touch ups. I managed to catch the baby ending in a BBS shave which is better than my normal work day shaves. I agree that the razor shaves much milder than the blade gap would suggest. I will go back to the Wolfman OC tomorrow just for comparison. The Timeless OC is a very well thought out razor with a superb fit and finish.

I admit, I've been struggling with my OC Timeless. I love the construction, but my shave report wouldn't read like yours. This morning, I did two passes with the Timeless (which I didn't enjoy) and then finished up with a third pass with the ATT SE1 (which was glorious).

Are you guys angling the head for maximum noise? Mine seems very loud.

I admit, I've been struggling with my OC Timeless. I love the construction, but my shave report wouldn't read like yours. This morning, I did two passes with the Timeless (which I didn't enjoy) and then finished up with a third pass with the ATT SE1 (which was glorious).

Are you guys angling the head for maximum noise? Mine seems very loud.
Loads of noise my friend. One of the loudest razors if not the loudest I own. I have been using 2 different angles (within reason). One angle of attack involves having the top cap against my face. The other is the blade parallel to the face (more obtuse angle, blade to skin).

Loads of noise my friend. One of the loudest razors if not the loudest I own. I have been using 2 different angles (within reason). One angle of attack involves having the top cap against my face. The other is the blade parallel to the face (more obtuse angle, blade to skin).

Both quite shallow then?

You need to use a light hand with this. I don't know what you use normally but you need to watch the pressure here. That's the beauty of the thing, I don't feel like I need pressure to get a smooth cut.

Another DFS today from the OC! Really I don't think it can get any better! 10 hours later and still clean as a whistle. Started off with some Stirling that is slick as can be face lathered, the Polsilver blade is doing fine on shave 3 and I put enough menthol in the Florida water to get a nice chill. Perfect razor, perfect shave. As to the angle when using this razor.... I don't think about it, just go by feel, pretty much how I always do it. This is such a well made and designed razor!

image.jpeg

Another DFS today from the OC! Really I don't think it can get any better! 10 hours later and still clean as a whistle. Started off with some Stirling that is slick as can be face lathered, the Polsilver blade is doing fine on shave 3 and I put enough menthol in the Florida water to get a nice chill. Perfect razor, perfect shave. As to the angle when using this razor.... I don't think about it, just go by feel, pretty much how I always do it. This is such a well made and designed razor!

View attachment 19486
What is iced florida water?

Back to the Timeless OC today. Beautiful shave. Close and comfortable. Gym shave so a few glances from Gillette boy in the corner, hand lathering. YMMV.

I prefer an Astra SP, as opposed to a Shark blade in this razor. Also the stock handle is my favourite, although I do want to try it with the ATT bamboo.

Back
Top Bottom