Review: Timeless Razor's OC model

Shave # 4 with the Timeless OC
July 10, 2016

Do you ever have one of those days where you just have to change things that already work? Today was one of those days for me. For no logical explanation, I decided to go with a Persona Lab Blue blade instead of the normal Feather. Talk about turning a great shave bad that single change did just that very thing. I made it through a painful first pass and changed the blade out to a Feather and finished up the shave in fine order. I think the problem was with me putting too much pressure on the razor compensating for a blade that was not as sharp as my usual and was no way the fault of the razor.

Shave # 4 with the Timeless OC
July 10, 2016

Do you ever have one of those days where you just have to change things that already work? Today was one of those days for me. For no logical explanation, I decided to go with a Persona Lab Blue blade instead of the normal Feather. Talk about turning a great shave bad that single change did just that very thing. I made it through a painful first pass and changed the blade out to a Feather and finished up the shave in fine order. I think the problem was with me putting too much pressure on the razor compensating for a blade that was not as sharp as my usual and was no way the fault of the razor.
This is interesting, I found the same when switching from an Astra SP to a Shark blade. I thought I was just rushing but interesting to hear that your experience matches. Is this a fussy blade razor?

This is interesting, I found the same when switching from an Astra SP to a Shark blade. I thought I was just rushing but interesting to hear that your experience matches. Is this a fussy blade razor?

I don't think it is a fussy blade razor. More likely a fussy blade user ;) I just use the Feather in all my DE razors and I guess I have just gotten used to its characteristics.

Changing blades sometimes upsets the balance of nature. Usually but not always first time blade use can be rough. Maybe it's the coating who knows. As long as you didn't wind up in the ER you should be okay.
There are blades, that no matter what razor I use are just too dull (for me, YMMV, etc.). So far these include Derby, Shark and Rockwell. From time to time I try them again, thinking it might have been technique/razor/prep, but then I get a painful reminder to leave them alone...

I love the Timeless OC. I have been using mine for a couple weeks now and have a hard time reaching for another razor. I've used a Personna lab blue and presently have a Polsilver in it. Both blades have been excellent. I am really hoping that a slant is in the works from them. I may have a hard time not buying every razor they make.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shave #6
July 12, 2016
Timeless OC with Triad Ti

Shave #6 with the Timeless OC. After the detour with Lab Blues, I am back to having fantastic shaves with this razor. I stuck with a traditional 3 pass shave today, WTG, XTG, ATG followed my minimal touch ups and ended with a near perfect BBS. I did get on small weeper on my neck that was my fault for chasing the baby. I can say that the Timeless OC is one of my 2 favorite DE razors with the other being my Wolfman OC. Both are truly beautiful razors that for me deliver DE shaves that rival my SE razors.

I've got about 6 or 7 shaves on the Timeless now. Every single time I have cut myself. I never cut myself these days.

I find the shave incredibly close, but not the most comfortable. Perhaps I'm going to have to ease up on it a bit. My normal 3-pass is WTG, ATG, ATG.

I've got about 6 or 7 shaves on the Timeless now. Every single time I have cut myself. I never cut myself these days.

I find the shave incredibly close, but not the most comfortable. Perhaps I'm going to have to ease up on it a bit. My normal 3-pass is WTG, ATG, ATG.

When I feel a razors character is a bit for agressive for me, it sometimes helps to couple this razor with no agressive blade. In these cases KAI blades are my first choice. I have also still some ASCO blades in my den, these work great as well for me in these situations. To go with a non agressive blade normally is enough for me to follow the razors learning curve.

Best Regards
Marco

When I feel a razors character is a bit for agressive for me, it sometimes helps to couple this razor with no agressive blade. In these cases KAI blades are my first choice. I have also still some ASCO blades in my den, these work great as well for me in these situations. To go with a non agressive blade normally is enough for me to follow the razors learning curve.

Thanks, I may try this.

When I initially reviewed this razor the one thing that didn't resonate with me as strongly as the rest of the razor..was the handle. It felt a bit too short/skinny to me and I didn't think the knurling fully went with the look of the head.

Well...yesterday I received the new Timeless Razor handle and stand and man...this handle takes the razor to the next level - love it!
5xrk9h.jpg

The original handle is 85x12 and this new beauty is 100x14

Old on the left, new on the right:
67mb1e.jpg

The new handle adds, to me, that extra length and heft that it needed and the feel of the handle is more 'subtle' and, dare I say 'luxurious'?

23tl7k3.jpg

It also doesn't hurt that it's stunning design.
It's on deck for tomorrow's shave!
24wvfja.jpg

Been using the OC since Monday. Tried it with Gillette Yellow 7 0'Clock, Super Iridium and Feather blades. Had a rough shave with the Gillette, a relatively smooth shave with the Iridiums and an effortless shave with the Feather. No cuts/nicks though I did get some irritation when using the Gillette. Razor head is bulkier/beefier and considerably heavier than what I'm used to these days (Wolfman/Blackbird etc.) but I'm finding it smooth and effective in removing copper wire hair. So far, I'm finding it about as effective as my blackbird heads using the same blade while being a tiny bit smoother (post-shave feel). Definitely a good addition to my DE rotation.

Back
Top Bottom