Review: Timeless Razor's OC model

But now those shipping and customs charge would be passed along by those UK vendors.

Wouldn't shipping and customs charges either be OpEx for the company and/or maybe even exempt (I have no idea about import fees for UK based legal entities in a B2B setting)? I was also thinking that a bulk purchase might allow for a lower import cost that could result in a lowered end-customer price for UK based customers.

Executive shaving sell the ATT at £155. I think that is about right considering they have to import them and sit on them until they sell. I don't know if I fancy the Rockwell 6s. They are a great price and get a decent write up too.

I'm really enjoying the OC. It's a scary side profile when you look closely at the head with the blade edge sticking out beyond the profile of the top cap and base open comb edge...one would think it's going to dig in while shaving but it hasn't happened yet! Been getting some wicked close shaves with this thing, reminds me of my straight razor days! I ordered a second OC head last night for a lonely handle on my shelf.

I swapped handles from Ti to SS this morning. I had a weber bulldog lying around and it really balances out the heavy head nicely. I think I'll stick with this combo for a few days before trying it with an even heavier handle to see how it behaves. Blade used was a fresh Kai, I'm working my way up to the Feather :)

Wouldn't shipping and customs charges either be OpEx for the company and/or maybe even exempt (I have no idea about import fees for UK based legal entities in a B2B setting)? I was also thinking that a bulk purchase might allow for a lower import cost that could result in a lowered end-customer price for UK based customers.
Shipping and customs charges aren't exempt for a business and the correct accounting would be to include them against the cost of sale for each item. There is scope though to get the shipping cost per unit down and to spread the handling agent's charges over a greater number of units. Importing a single razor, it's the £8 to £12 admin cost that bumps up the cost.

Bear in mind that an importer has to cope with fluctuating exchange rates when setting prices and also have pay in full for the consignment before it is shipped, which ties up working capital and is itself an additional cost. Get the pricing wrong and sales are lost to grey personal/grey imports.

Back
Top Bottom