Riverrun's idea

Would you participate in a raffle for a BBS-1 razor?

• Yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Riverrun said, "I suggest the BBS-1 razor discussed here but out of stock there. Quite a looker.
I hear it is $299. I'd be willing to put myself on the waiting list and we could raffle it when it eventually arrives."

Andreas

I've been puzzling about the best way to work this. It would take a double commitment - the main by riverrun and the second by you all (if we say 'yes' to Andreas, we commit to raffling it and you buying tickets, no poll).

So it seems to me that we need to gauge interest and thus a 'Yes' 'No' poll.

I'm not sure if its applicable or worth the effort, but one way to handle the commitment is using a preorder system that stores card info and charge later when enough entries have been purchased. Celery is one such system. 2% fee. Free setup. Get a free webpage and insert some code.

Not an endorsement, but it might simplify gathering funds. I'd kick in for the raffle.

I got a reply from them and the waiting list is 'several months long', so don't expect to win one in the Christmas raffle ;). As for commitment, there is no need to prefund. In the highly unlikely event that there is interest, but nobody buys raffle tickets, I'll keep it for myself or sell in on BST. I'm not worried. I plan to win it myself anyway. :D

Back
Top Bottom