Rod Neep custom Box Wood brush

Here is my custom made Rod Neep silvertip Box Wood brush.

Inspired by the gorgeous ‘chess-pawn' style Kenya soapstone brush that Rod has on his website, I requested a similar handle, but slightly smaller. I mentioned that I like a bit of heft to my brushes (and razors, for that matter), so he suggested gluing some penny coins under the knot to increase the weight.

It has a 22mm silvertip knot set to a 50mm loft. The fine grained wood has some lovely, varied features and the brush is a veritable joy to use and also to display proudly on my bathroom shelf.

This is my first custom-made brush. Huge thanks to Rod, who was an absolute pleasure to deal with. I am very, very pleased with this stunning brush :icon_biggrin:. I think the photos speak for themselves...

img4032e.jpg

img4033ie.jpg

img4035j.jpg

img4027y.jpg

Now, that's a brush! :D Rod is great and he makes excellent brushes, I don't know how he does, becuase he's fast too... Very competent guy and a pleasure to exchange mails with!

Thanks for your comments guys, much appreciated.

Mikael, you are absolutely right about Rod being a pleasure to deal with, and also incredibly fast - it took about a day and a half from my initial enquiry to seeing a photo of the finished brush.

I was so impressed with this one that I've just recently ordered one of the cigar band brushes that Rod has started making. And I've still got my eye on of those marvellous Kenya soapstone brushes too. I think I might be developing RNBAD...

You really do want a stone brush, especially if you like a heavier brush as you mention. I have three stone and one wood from Rod, and the stone ones are especially glorious to use for that heft and solidity. Cool and delightful in the hand, too.

Back
Top Bottom