Romanian Shaving Creams

[attachment=3555] Just got back from a trip to Romania with a stash of unfamiliar shaving creams. Only had a chance so far to try the D'Amaris "Royal' which seems a decent performer with a nice fresh scent (made by Colgate-Palmolive according to the box). They were all dirt cheap and I could have filled a suitcase and still had change from what a top-end cream would have cost here in the UK.

Plenty of the usual Palmolive cream available and the inevitable Gillette canned goo. Did not come across a single shaving soap anywhere though, despite plenty of looking.. Also saw examples of what must have been the worst shaving brushes in the world - although they were priced about 75 pence so perhaps it not surprising! :icon_rolleyes:

The 'traditional' shaving mug was around 50 pence as well!

Nikonos

Attachments

• romanian shaving creams 2.jpg
    romanian shaving creams 2.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 59
Romania I guess is still a tough place since it's independence from communisim I assume. Bulgaria seems to be with the world ecconomy a bit more that Romania and their quality a little higher. Also easier to do buisness with them and export their goods. As a result there are not too many Romanian items here in the states and can I assume western Europe. D'amaris is always well regarded over here, consider yourself lucky to have some.

gman41 said:
Romania I guess is still a tough place since it's independence from communisim I assume. Bulgaria seems to be with the world ecconomy a bit more that Romania and their quality a little higher. Also easier to do buisness with them and export their goods. As a result there are not too many Romanian items here in the states and can I assume western Europe. D'amaris is always well regarded over here, consider yourself lucky to have some.

Yes, you are right about Romania. It is still emerging from the grey days of communism. Within ten or twenty years they will have most likely caught up with most of Europe - especially with the help of EU funding...

None of the creams that I brought back are available in the UK to my knowledge. So far I've tried the D'Amaris which seems very pleasant and well worth incorporating into the rotation. With all the others I think I have enough to last me until another trip.... :icon_smile:

Nikonos

Back
Top Bottom