Rookie mistake

Last night I nicked my fingers trying to catch my dropped razor. I normally use Real Shaving Co. cream, with a brush, but I was all out and had to use the RSC gel instead. The gel goes on better without a brush, but leaves your hands slippery, something I'd forgotten. Razor drops, I catch, fingers nicked. No major damage. Proof that older doesn't necessarily mean wiser.

Last night I nicked my fingers trying to catch my dropped razor. I normally use Real Shaving Co. cream, with a brush, but I was all out and had to use the RSC gel instead. The gel goes on better without a brush, but leaves your hands slippery, something I'd forgotten. Razor drops, I catch, fingers nicked. No major damage. Proof that older doesn't necessarily mean wiser.
I dropped my first straight some time back, whilst stropping it. I moved my hands/feet/self out of the way (fortunately) instead of instinctively trying to catch it. Nicked my little finger, fairly deeply. Half hour of stemming the flow and some superglue did me a solid. I have the scar to prove it - a small, surgical-esque reminder that sharp things are indeed sharp!

Glad that no major damage was sustained, Paul!

Yeah... s**t happens...

I had changed blades, took the old one on my right hand and went to where I have a disposal tin for blades in another room... buuut I also carried can't remember what on the left hand, which I almost dropped... I moved my right hand to help it... and got a nice long cut on my left wrist... Pathetic non suicidal wound....

I ironed once when my wife was in hospital having our first sprog. At the time I thought I was doing the right thing. She made it clear that I was never under any circumstances to go near the iron again so now, twenty-one years on, I still don't. We have an agreement - she doesn't touch my hi-fi, and I leave her iron and hoover alone. Works well.

I ironed once when my wife was in hospital having our first sprog. At the time I thought I was doing the right thing. She made it clear that I was never under any circumstances to go near the iron again so now, twenty-one years on, I still don't. We have an agreement - she doesn't touch my hi-fi, and I leave her iron and hoover alone. Works well.

Wish I'd thought of that one !

JohnnyO. o/

I like ironing nowadays, it's quite therapeutic. I put a film on, pour myself a beer and get into the zone. I even iron the bedding.
Never used to iron anything other than dress shirts (which I very rarely needed) until I had kids, something about looking at your crumpled child when you pick them up from nursery just, i don't know tugs at your heart? pride?

Wise man...:D

Back
Top Bottom