Rotation Point

I currently have 7 creams and 5 soaps in my bathroom. Any more could seriously jeopardise my marriage.

I like to rotate them and use a different one every day - usually saving the soaps for weekends as they take that bit longer to lather.
The up side of this is that I get plenty of variety, but they do seem to take forever to finish a tub/pot.

I had been wondering whether I might get a better feel for each individual product if I used them for say a week before moving on to the next.

How often do other members rotate their soaps or creams? Does anyone not rotate at all and just use them one at a time?

I tend to use a different one every day. I have about 20 in all and in two and a half years I have finished one tube of Palmolive, one Boots Cool cream and one Bluebeard's Revenge (so have owned 23 in all).

Well done. I've also finished a tube Boots Cool + 2 tubes of Ingrams, but you need to use twice as much Ingrams so that only really counts as 1.
I do have a hidden stash as well as the ones on show.

The only way that I found to manage them is to leave them in their own containers or boxes.
On rounds or sticks I slice off a sliver and press it into my shaving bowl and only use that piece. the rest stays dry and labeled .

An overly complex system for me is the same soap or cream in the working week everyday until it is finished, currently Nanny's citrus zinger (prior to that Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn soap, then Nanny's original lavender and then a tube of palmolive cream). The weekend is the time of longer shaves and a chance to think about what I want to use. In the week I just don't have time to choose, I'd be crap on deal or no deal!!

I've never been able to get this right. I got fed up with changing everything every day, so I decided to use one soap, one brush, one razor and one splash for at least a week. I got to day three, got fed up with it, and swopped everything again.

I've tended to change soap or cream every day and keep with a particular razor for the life of the blade. At one point I was using my Tubby 2 for soaps and High Mountain Badger for creams, but recently I've used the HMB for everything except travel, as I like it so much.

I could see myself using the Artists' Club for quite a while now though.

Professor Blighty said:
I've never been able to get this right. I got fed up with changing everything every day, so I decided to use one soap, one brush, one razor and one splash for at least a week. I got to day three, got fed up with it, and swopped everything again.
I've done this. Though not with your excellent products, of course :angel:

I only have 2 products in rotation, so it's not really much of a rotation. There is no rule for me, I just use one or t'other depending on mood.

I don't want to buy something new until I finish what I have. We'll see how that goes.

It's different, for me. Now I seem to use the same soap or cream for a couple of days, depending on the mode. I'm crazy when it comes to razors though and keep on shifting 'em ... I've got a pretty good idea what blades I would save if I "only" could have ten though :D

Almost never the same two days running here. Mostly that means different varieties of Nanny's now, with a few old favourites which get a look in now and then. I think I could get the razors down to ten without much bother too, Mikael, but how about just three, say? Tricky ...

I used to chop and change every day, now I tend to stick with one for a good while, actually I've been using the same hard soap for about 3 months straight now with just the odd day of change to a cream, just for shits and giggles.

I think I just got sick of seeing something like 8 or so soaps on one shelf, the tightwad in me added up the amount of tied up revenue there and decided I should really finish some off, so that's what I'm now aiming at. I think I'm down to about 4 now.

On the upside I found that instead of just liking T+H hard soap, after a few solid months of it I find I really, really love it. Stuff can grow on you.

Generally I use a different one every day....occasionally I get the bug of..."I don't really like this cream much,so I'll use it every day to use it up"....only to find after a while that I do quite like it after all..so it goes back in the rotation....

I gave up dithering over what to shave with quite a while ago and now use the same stuff most days.

Recently had a blow out on some shave sticks that I'd never tried before (never tried, never know) but they haven't made much of an impression on me so I'll stick with the usual stuff.

Back
Top Bottom