S.O.T.D. Sat. 1st Feb 2014 to Frid. 7th Feb. 2014

Monday
pre shave oil/Coates lavender/Plisson L'Occitane brush/Matador "El Caballero" with Astra/Weleda balm
DSC_0077.JPG

Monday Evening

SOTD%252020140203.jpg

Hot Towel
Bay Rum Soap
Pure Badger 23mm
GEM 1912 (Gold)
GEM Stainless Coated [4]
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Shibden Spice (Bay Rum)
Next Absolute EDT

Bowl Lathered
Two Pass - With & Cross the Grain

Very nice, smooth shave - no such thing as a bad 1912 shave, eh?

muhle r41/ templ8 ball end handle
sputnik
omega 20102
valobra almond shave soap
vintage shulton old spice AS
boots no7 post shave balm

not bad. goes without saying that on a thread about the r41 the other day , i said i cant fall off with this razor... the razor gods smote my complacency and gave me half a dozen weepers. still ended up with a decent shave though.

Prep: Hot shower
Soap: Sandalwood & Orange
Brush: EJ Best badger
Blade: Sputnik, third shave with this blade
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable, set to 5
Post Shave: Alum block
ASB: Blue Beard's Revenge white
AS: Old Spice original

Superb shave, no sting at all from the alum block, two passes and a very quick polish for a BBS chin and neck. I'm loving these sputniks.

Slim Twist
Turkish no. 6 brush
Gillette Silver Blue
Trying out two new acquisitions tonight - Fox's Master Lather cherry menthol and Myrsol Plastic Shave aftershave.
Both are excellent. The ML smells like cherry Tunes ad whips up a thick, protective lather in fifteen seconds. Not much product needed and forgiving of too much water. Really top tier stuff and I will be making a purchase once everything is set up, and a donation in the interim.
The Plastic Shave has a nice old school plastic smell (difficult to describe). Wife finds the smell effeminate but not I. A little sting going on but then soothing menthol tto help me to sleep. Night all.

MONDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot rinse
Razor: BRW Bulldog
Blade: Gillette 365
Brush: Semogue 2011 LE Boar 2
Soap: MdC Fougere - suribachi lathered

Another lovely shave with the remnants of yesterdays MdC. I'm going to be a devil and use it all week!

I have discovered my lather nirvana. For hard soaps, Woodhead suribachi, boar or Frank synthetic. For creams, Woodhead pedestal bowl and badger.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Personna74 (NOS)
Kent SS (almost used this all up)
Myrsol Emulsion
No EdT

Threw away the rest of that pack from yesterday's bad blade. Yeah, that was two duds from the Personna74 dispenser, which was real weird. Popped in a fresh one from a recently acquired new pack of those and went to shaving. Much better......just like they should be. Heh, gave myself a few faint red marks from being a little blase. That'll teach me when using these real sharp old things. The color went away with the cold water post shave rinse.

Interesting using that Myrsol product. Seems to be fine. Heh, there's a few others by that company that still need trying out.......

BBS results,

Martin

pem said:
MÜHLE Aloe Vera Soap
Rod Neep Silvertip Brush
Gillette Super Adjustable "Black Beauty" Razor
Pol Silver Blade
Alum

I have been admiring that brush on Rod's site for a while now, absolutely stunning. Congratulations on your acquisition, how did it perform and how was the weight?

Scott.

Sm304 said:
pem said:
MÜHLE Aloe Vera Soap
Rod Neep Silvertip Brush
Gillette Super Adjustable "Black Beauty" Razor
Pol Silver Blade
Alum

I have been admiring that brush on Rod's site for a while now, absolutely stunning. Congratulations on your acquisition, how did it perform and how was the weight?

Scott.

Excellent on both counts, used Speick cream and the brush produced plenty of lather, really nice in the hand, very pleased!

Feather AC SS non-folding
Feather AC ProGuard (5)
Semogue BC Mistura
Stirling Anise
Proraso Aftershave lotion
F Malle Dries van Noten

Not bad, but the lather was still poor. I don't think it's a technique issue - I loaded heavily with an appropriate brush, adding water slowly, whilst building the lather in the soap tin before a prolonged face lather. It just wasn't remotely protective. Somewhat slick but, as there was no cushion, the glide was pointless.

Vintage Japanese Eiko YSK2 Yasuki steel full hollow 13/16
Kanayama cordovan #8000
Simpsons P8
T F S bergamot & neroli hard soap
Witch hazel
T F S bergamot & neroli aftershave balm
Kiehls original musk No1 EDT​

Tuesday

Tabac
Semogue 2012 SE
Streamline
Gem blade
DR Harris Windsor AS

Very good indeed, unfortunately spoilt by the fact I have to go back to work after a long weekend.

Back
Top Bottom