Greetings

Saturday 21st December 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gem Micromatic Flying Wing
Blade: Gem Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 2012 SE Mixed
Soap: Tabac Stick grated
Aftershave: Astral cream (light)

A really nice shave from this gentle GEM.

Regards
Dick.

DSC05027.JPG

That's a beautiful razor! Haven't come across those, but if it performs like my bullet tip - should be just perfect.
Had a somewhat French shave today, as far as my gear allows anyway:
Cold splash
GEM Micromatic 'Bullet tip'
La Pere Lucien shaving soap (face lathered)
Muehle synthetic brush
Old Spice (French)
Institut Karite ASB

Nice and easy BBS, excellent combo.

Shower
C&S 88 soap
Simpson E3 manchurian
Aesop bowl
Digress short handle stainless steel
Polsilver
Fitjar balm (cold one)

Flawless, for which the credit can go to the digress - nice one Joegress - and the blade. Proper feedback on the digress will go in the Digress thread but I love the fact I can dial-down the razor for the ATG run - that to me is the best thing about adjustables. The soap is interesting, I think I need to work on it as it wasn't very slick so I may have made it too dry, it was certainly thick. It made by Valobra so it should create a slick enough lather. The scent is strong, but I'm not 100% sure of it and I'm glad I only bought the 3x travel sized so I can give away the other two.

Now wrapping Christmas presents while I have the house to myself (and surfing obviously...)

Helveticum said:
That's a beautiful razor! Haven't come across those, but if it performs like my bullet tip - should be just perfect.
Had a somewhat French shave today, as far as my gear allows anyway:
Cold splash
GEM Micromatic 'Bullet tip'
La Pere Lucien shaving soap (face lathered)
Muehle synthetic brush
Old Spice (French)
Institut Karite ASB

Nice and easy BBS, excellent combo.

Greetings

It is a Bullet Tip, Flying Wing is the name that GEM actually gave it, but for some reason it has been re-christened. I can see how it got the name bullet tip but why it was renamed I have no idea. Either way and with either name it is my favourite of the milder shaving GEM razors, but I know not everybody likes them.

Tony (Antdad) on this forum is less than keen and he is more a less a daily SE user like me and on The Original Safety Two forum which I am a member it receives very little love! We all have different tastes.

Regards
Dick.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: T&H No.10 cream
Bowl: Woodhead Tall Large Scuttle
Brush: Omega 10005 boar
Razor: Progress #2.5
Blade: Rapira SS (1)
After: Proraso AS, T&H No.10 ASB

I rate this No.10 cream just as highly as other T&H creams. Don't miss the opportunity to pick it up half price in Sainsbury's, it's actually worth the full price IMO and the tub is pretty large. Great scent and luxurious lather made nicely warm in my massive scuttle.
The No.10 ASB leaves my skin a little tacky or maybe I'm applying too much, but it compliments the shave cream well.

First day in weeks I've not used the Weber and I can say the the Progress does an equally brilliant job.

Result fuss free BBS. Have a great weekend, chaps.

SOTD20131221_zps2a938876.jpg

Seasonal Greetings folks!

Not posted in a while, but just had a great shave on the first day of winter!

Prep: Hot Shower
Blade: Super Iridium
Razor: Merkur 933CL (Travel)
Soap: Valobra Shave Stick
Brush: Omega Pro boar

Quality shave! Cheers!

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

It is a Bullet Tip, Flying Wing is the name that GEM actually gave it, but for some reason it has been re-christened. I can see how it got the name bullet tip but why it was renamed I have no idea. Either way and with either name it is my favourite of the milder shaving GEM razors, but I know not everybody likes them.

Tony (Antdad) on this forum is less than keen and he is more a less a daily SE user like me and on The Original Safety Two forum which I am a member it receives very little love! We all have different tastes.

Regards
Dick.

Thanks for the input! They do look almost identical, but 'almost' is the key word. I need to get one now :)
Now, different strokes for different folks, but I've tried quite a few SEs, and bullet tip for me gives the most consistent and effortless results. I also, actually, really like the Star razor (the one pre-1900s), but it can be finicky.

Saturday 12-21-13. MUSIC: The Yardbirds-Greatest Hits (1967).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KHzi1RBXAg[/video]

14c2aa5c-f025-418d-8157-6e2c8904e578_zpsb007c9d7.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Chubby 1 best badger - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream The Art of Shaving Sandalwood - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Geo F. Trumper's Skin Food Sandalwood - ASL Honeybee Gardens sandalwood.

Saturday 21st December

SOTD211213_zpsa7d238fc.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Marlborough soap scuttle lathered
Simpson 56 best badger brush
Gillette Rocket HD
Gillette Rubie platinum plus (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice Sensitive aftershave

Another fine and comfortable shave. The Harris soaps are top notch for me. The Old Spice a good strong scent to it after years in my stock.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Mike's Vetiver
Brush: Simpson TSN P8 LE
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89BA11GBL
Blade: Feather (1)
AS: Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel

image.php

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
Muhle Silvertip, TOBS Jermyn St cream
Digress HD, Rapira SS (2)
Cold splash
Proraso AS cream

Another excellent shave from my "go to" set up. Couldn't resist the temptation to go a bit closer today... but the results are comfortable (and smooth)

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

Back
Top Bottom