Dick.

DSC05830.JPG

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Al's Shaving "Fougere About It"
Brush: Bethlehem olivewood handle, 24mm Pur-Tech synthetic
Razor: Ikon DLC slant w/Ikon SE handle
Blade: Feather (3)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by Village Barber balm
Very nice shave indeed. 3-pass BBS without really trying. Blade may have one more shave left in it. Soap lathered really well with a great scent. Kinda pricey, but very nice.
7O23vRb.jpg

Sat 10 January 2015
Neutrogena Glyc Face Wash
Victoria P/B Brush
Ingrams Menthol Cream
E R 1914
Gem coated [ 5 ]
Alum rub/Rinse Off
Myrsol Antesol A/S

Decided follow through on blade. V Good shave.

SATURDAY MORNING

Razor: Taihei with Westholme Cordovan strop
Brush: Omega 48
Soap: Stirling Frozen Tundra - bowl lathered
EDT: AdP Colonia

Slow and steady does it. One of my better straight shaves. Had to smooth the chin with a Schick but apart from that it really was a nice shave with this ninja of a razor.

May have ago go at resetting bevels later.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Murdock Avalon pre-shave oil
Soap: Grandstaff Illipe/Cocoa Butter
Bowl: Woodhead Large Tall Scuttle
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair 13061M
Razor: Gem Junior Bar + templ8 5cm handle
Blade: Gem (4)
After: Brut AS, Dove ASB

Jolly good.

SOTD150110_zpsceab2bad.jpg

IMG_7689.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap & Omega 98
GEM Junior Bar & GEM Super Stainless (4)
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve Aftershave Cologne
Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & X/ATG

An excellent shave. Blade probably has one more use left in it. I am finding duller blades work well in this razor due to the fair amount of blade exposure.

The splash is very good indeed. Scent is as per the soap and really gives a kick!

Shower
Tabac Soap
Face lathered with my old Omega 10810.
Schick L1
Personna [4]
Blue Stratos AS
Milton Lloyd - Success

Still enjoying the L1, gonna run with it until the blades dies. Am I right in thinking the L1 is fairly aggressive? It certainly seems that way and whilst it is very easy to use if can bite easily and always leaves me with a couple of weepers.

Have a good weekend chaps...

rowlers said:
Schick L1
Personna [4]

Still enjoying the L1, gonna run with it until the blades dies. Am I right in thinking the L1 is fairly aggressive? It certainly seems that way and whilst it is very easy to use if can bite easily and always leaves me with a couple of weepers.

Hmmm, that don't sound right. The L type is milder than the older E and G versions. Problems with the shave might be something easily fixed though.

So I would say first of all to dump the blade and try another. Easy to run the blade edge over something hard which can dull it so watch when it's being loaded.

You will be getting some new blades next week and maybe they will be a better fit. Also, make sure the safety bar lines up with the blade evenly.

See if maybe any of this might help,

Martin

Afyer the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 rebranded Macys silvertip large flopmeister
'Webly'/Filomatic Titanio (thanks Good Doctor)
IK SS
La Toja Balsamo AS
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT

This razor/blade combo got me off that goofy F Train finally. Man, this set up felt so clunky.......weird. Kept thinking I shoulda used the F again. Sheeesh.

BBS results,

Martin

dodgy said:
rowlers said:
Schick L1
Personna [4]

Hmmm, that don't sound right. The L type is milder than the older E and G versions. Problems with the shave might be something easily fixed though.

So I would say first of all to dump the blade and try another. Easy to run the blade edge over something hard which can dull it so watch when it's being loaded.

You will be getting some new blades next week and maybe they will be a better fit. Also, make sure the safety bar lines up with the blade evenly.

Martin

I have just ordered a L1 and a golden 500 J and I'm hoping they work well for me as I've not used a schick before.

dodgy said:
rowlers said:
Schick L1
Personna [4]

Martin

Also.. just because the Schick handle is plastic and feels like a pseudo-cartridge razor, don't fall into the trap of thinking that you have to put pressure on the razor head to make it work. It's an SE and should always be treated with respect.

Cold water splash
Martin de Candre Unscented
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
ATT M2 Kronos
Sputnik (3)
Proraso ASB Eucalyptus & Menthol
Lalique Hommage à l'Homme EDT

Sputnik barely managed to complete its 3rd shave adequately. Time for a new blade tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone!

Back
Top Bottom