Shower
TOBS shaving cream
Bowl lathered
ATT R2 Kronos
Polsilver SI (1)
Alum
Cold splash
Old Spice classic a/s

2 pass with touch up, 1st shave with the ATT, and I have to admit I am impressed!.Super smooth BBS all over,but as per usual, I overdid it,and although only mild feeling from the Alum, the Old Spice stung like hell!. Think I need more practice with this ATT setup, and I will go with an Astra SP and MWF next time!.

Try the M2, surprisingly efficient. I found the best blades in an ATT to be lab blues and astras. Polsilvers opened up my face!

OUCH!,I didnt find them that bad TBH,will be going for the M2/Astra combo today.Wish me luck!.

IMG_1430_zpsd6ebf7a3.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce Lime Oil Soap
Soap: Phoenix Dirty Cupcake
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Feather (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel & some Myrsol Emulsion
Scent: Phaedon Tabac Rouge EdP

Nice close & comfortable shave today!

DSC08203.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Wickham's English Rose & Kent Infinity Silvertex
Ever Ready 14526/09 & GEM Stainless (2)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Myrsol Plastic Shave

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

Having developed an interest in brushes of late, I'd rather forgotten what a great little performer the humble Kent Infinity Silvertex is - just enough backbone not to crumble when face lathered and still soft and floppy enough for use as a decent bowl whipper! I face lathered and really enjoyed it!

The razor is a lesser known British "The New Ever Ready" with a patent number 14526/09 dating back to 1909. You will notice some similarity to what we call the 1924, an American made Ever Ready which replaced the 1914 'Little Lather Catcher' after their merger with GEM. It's possible that this razor was a short lived low production figure razor, or perhaps even a market tester. Either way, they're not seen often.

As a shave, it is super-efficient. I will not say aggressive because it's not, but just a little too much pressure and that quite wide blade gap can give a little nip, just a playful indication of the nick, gash or cut that it could give you if you if you were to let it off the leash! Two passes, no issues, super smooth!

I think we've likened the 1924 to the Muhle R41 from the DE world, a razor out in a class of its own, not necessarily aggressive, but very efficient. I think I'd say the relationship between this razor and the 1924 is possibly like the relationship between the 2011 and 2013 revision of the R41. I'm guessing because I've only used a 2013 revision, but you get the picture ...

Better than a 1924? Smoother and more efficient. Yes, I'd say so.

2ujl8i1.jpg

Prep: Hot wash with dove soap.
Soap: Razorock XXX.
Brush: Vie-Long horse.
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue.

The XXX seems to lather better with the small horse brush. I had enough lather for 3 passes but lather was quite thin towards the end. No nicks, weepers or irritation, just nice smooth skin.

Jim

Wednesday 18th February

SOTD18215_zpsb5de8504.jpg

Warm shower
Hot towel
B&M Bay Rum scuttle lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette NEW Deluxe (15mm head)
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Superhazel
DR Harris Bay Rum aftershave

A grand shave from the NEW it did the job well with the Sputnik. This Deluxe Red & Black set came with the '15mm' head, and the fancy large Tuckaway style handle. I had it re plated in Gold last year. The B&M Bay Rum is a top tier soap, the DR Harris Bay Rum aftershave pairs well with it, drying down very quickly.

ATTack of the Slants - Day 2
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Noxzema cleanser cream
Soap: Stirling - Bay Rum
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Razor: ATT S1 Kronos
Blade: Rapira Swedish SS (2)
After: SeaDrift Soaps Bay Rum AS, Sandalwood Skin Food

Day 2 of comparing my ATT S2 open-comb slant against my S1 closed-comb.
Today felt a lot smoother than yesterday with the S2. This could be the razor or could be the fact that the blade is on its second use. All other variables were kept the same.

I believe the S1 gave a more enjoyable shave but not quite as close. It seems I keep missing the underside of my chin on either side with this razor which weirdly I didn't do with the S2.
Tomorrow I think I might have to do the final shave of this blade with the S2 again to see how it compares with a worn-in blade.

The results between the two razors are extremely close but if I were pushed I'd say the S2 shaves closer but not quite as comfortable while shaving. Both razors gave me no irritation afterwards.

Have a good 'un, folks.

SOTD20150218_zpsqpilkqu2.jpg

fancontroller said:
ATTack of the Slants - Day 2
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Noxzema cleanser cream
Soap: Stirling - Bay Rum
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Razor: ATT S1 Kronos
Blade: Rapira Swedish SS (2)
After: SeaDrift Soaps Bay Rum AS, Sandalwood Skin Food

Day 2 of comparing my ATT S2 open-comb slant against my S1 closed-comb.
Today felt a lot smoother than yesterday with the S2. This could be the razor or could be the fact that the blade is on its second use. All other variables were kept the same.

I believe the S1 gave a more enjoyable shave but not quite as close. It seems I keep missing the underside of my chin on either side with this razor which weirdly I didn't do with the S2.
Tomorrow I think I might have to do the final shave of this blade with the S2 again to see how it compares with a worn-in blade.

The results between the two razors are extremely close but if I were pushed I'd say the S2 shaves closer but not quite as comfortable while shaving. Both razors gave me no irritation afterwards.

Have a good 'un, folks.

Thanks for your continued insights into S1 vs S2. I'm following them with interest.

Wednesday

Evening, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Super Max SS (5)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Wickham's Sandalwood
Aftershave: Homemade sandalwood splash
Cologne:

Top BBS shave.

Back
Top Bottom