S.O.T.D. Saturday 14th January to Friday 20th January 2017

SOTD: 14th January 2017.
A.Saturday Shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep:
Hot shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals For Men shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Face lathering.

Razor: Muhle R41.

Blade: Super-Max Super Platinum .(new)

Brush: Unbranded Chinese Horsehair.

soap:Arko Shave Stick.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./Davidoff Coolwater A/S.

Tesco Fragrance Free Sensitive Body Lotion.

A new set up to start the weekend..also the first use of the Super-Max Super Platinum blades, which were very smooth and performed really well ,with no irritation nicks or weepers.

when i use a shave stick i normally take shavings from it and mix it up in my mixing bowl, today i soaked the end of the shave stick in warm water,wet my face and rubbed the stick directly into my stubble,which created a excellent rich lather for a 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:)

20170114_SOTD_S_zpslrvpernh.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S1 Colossus
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm Synthetic
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Coniferous, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Sat 14th Feb.

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Red croap
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick S/S [ 1- chick]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Staying with the PAL theme, had to use the Adjustable. Loaded with a fresh blade, and aided by a rich lather
from the Vitos it was so smooth that it was difficult to believe it was removing stubble. I am one of the lucky ones who get on with this Razor which today delivered an ultra close Shave.

Confirms for me ,that of my Vintage Injectors this is the No1 to use if I want a smooth top class Shave. I suspect
that it is probably more efficient than its modern S/S counterpart the Supply, which to date I have found to be a smooth shaver which even on a 3dot plate does not deliver a really close finish. Has to be the Supply tomorrow
to see if I can confirm my opinion.

IMG_1112.jpg

20170114_SOTD_S_zpslrvpernh.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S1 Colossus
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm Synthetic
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Coniferous, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Greetings

If these photos of tropical warm beaches and swaying palm trees are designed to p**s off the Brits.' and the others unfortunate enough to live in cold places then I can say that as far as this man is concerned you are achieving 100% success! :D
Regards
Dick

Last edited:
Hello,

Very nice shave this morning, relaxed, no hurry.

Pre-shave - warm shower, Kiehl's ultra facial cleanser and Village Barber Shaving Oil
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96
Blade - Astra SP (day 3)
Cream - Executive Shaving Bay Rum natural scented shaving cream
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2
Post shave - D.R Harris Mild Skin Tonic and Aloe vera gel.

The Bay Rum cream performed superbly, good lather for a two pass shave, excellent razor glide and good cushioning. The scent when you open the tub and lather-up is amazing. I am now tempted to get some D.R. Harris Bay Rum aftershave to complement the cream.

Very nice shave, no cuts, weepers, nor any shaving rash. Skin feels good.

I can't see me dropping the R96 from my rotation for a while, at least not until the Muhle Rocca DLC razor comes out (possibly February, according to Muhle).

All the best.

SOTD: 14th January 2017.
View attachment 23092
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep:
Hot shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals For Men shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Face lathering.

Razor: Muhle R41.

Blade: Super-Max Super Platinum .(new)

Brush: Unbranded Chinese Horsehair.

soap:Arko Shave Stick.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./Davidoff Coolwater A/S.

Tesco Fragrance Free Sensitive Body Lotion.

A new set up to start the weekend..also the first use of the Super-Max Super Platinum blades, which were very smooth and performed really well ,with no irritation nicks or weepers.

when i use a shave stick i normally take shavings from it and mix it up in my mixing bowl, today i soaked the end of the shave stick in warm water,wet my face and rubbed the stick directly into my stubble,which created a excellent rich lather for a 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:)
That's the method I adopt for my Palmolive stick, too; works a treat.

Greetings

If these photos of tropical warm beaches and swaying palm trees are designed to p**s off the Brits.' and the others unfortunate enough to live in cold places then I can say that as far as this man is concerned you are achieving 100% success! :D
Regards
Dick
I thought how pleasant it looked, but Dick you probably expressed the views of a majority quite well;)

Saturday...back home.

Soap - OSP Neroli
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Gem Flat Head Top (a.k.a 'G-Bar')
Blade - Gem Personna #2
Post - Thayer's and 4711 EdC

Another great performer from the OSP stables. Lovely post-shave feel; and the Gem combo harmonised beautifully. The neroli in 4711 layers well with that in the soap. Tremendous shave, this morning.

Enjoy the weekend, folks.

Stephen.

Back
Top Bottom