P1010604.JPG

Sat 14th May
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Vitos Red Croap
Rocnel Single side razor
1/2 Lab blue [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Massimo Dutti A.S

My second shave was easier than the first, though I fancy a longer handle may help the handling. Hard to explain the angle , as on polishing passes was quite like a true SE.

Shave was pretty close ,and as good as many DE shaves. So far , no problem with the fact that blade edge is tight to guard edge which seems a problem to some.Will not be a regular in my shaving rotation , based on how it handles compared to other razors.

IMG_0523.jpg

upload_2016-5-14_9-25-39.png

SOTD 14/5/16

Hot Towel, Proraso Green, RazoRock Monster, RazoRock Bazooka, Astra SP (18), Cold Towel, Phoenix & Beau Balm (NP)

This blade is impressing me, 18 full 3 pass shaves (plus some touch up) down, and it still performs well! Despite Proraso Green being not as slick as some, the shave was close and drama free...oh and cold! I finished off the shave with a little Phoenix & Beau Balm for that little bit of decadence we all deserve in a shave!

Sat 14th May
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Vitos Red Croap
Rocnel Single side razor
1/2 Lab blue [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Massimo Dutti A.S

My second shave was easier than the first, though I fancy a longer handle may help the handling. Hard to explain the angle , as on polishing passes was quite like a true SE.

Shave was pretty close ,and as good as many DE shaves. So far , no problem with the fact that blade edge is tight to guard edge which seems a problem to some.Will not be a regular in my shaving rotation , based on how it handles compared to other razors.

View attachment 18508
That handle would look great on an ER 1924

SOTD Sat. 5/14/16
Prep: Noxzema Classic
SS: KMF Pomegranate & Grapefruit
SB: Semogue 620 Boar
Razor: Muhle R41/Bullgoose Black Beauty
Blade: GSB
ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe
Cologne: 1-12 by Halston

Good morning gentlemen. Very nice shave today ending in a dolphin smooth finish with two and one-half passes, angles adjusted for my growth. KMF provided the creamy slickness needed to keep my face well protected as well as a nice post shave feel which was further enhanced by the freezing effect of my Glacial Lemon Chill balm which also smells lovely. Have a fun safe weekend friends. :)

I generally change my razor and blade weekly on Sundays. Clean up the old razor and select a new one. Today I am faced with the problem of deciding whether I will continue using my Schick or go back to a DE. Tomorrow is my "change" day and I have to decide. I have so many awesome DE razors, but I am getting such near-perfect shaves my my Schick. If I use the Schick I will clean it up with some Scrubbing Bubbles and a soak in soapy water and insert a new blade...even though this blade is still giving excellent smooth shaves. Decisions...decisions...o_O

Today it was a typical Saturday morning shave...a bit more relaxed than during the week. No rush to get in and out and get lunches ready and breakfast on the table.

Pre: Noxema preshave cream
Razor: Schick
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Cella
Post: Witch Hazel / shea butter / Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel
M14.jpg

Pre-Shave: argan oil with lavender and peppermint
Mug: Winchcombe Pottery
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 British
Blade: Gem Personna
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post-Shave: Alum & Witch Hazel
After-Shave: L'Occitane balm

Awesome shave. The 1912 gave me by far the closest and most comfortable shave I have ever had. BBS, Dolphin, whatever you want to call it. It was a revelation, my face hasn't been that smooth since I was 12. It was exciting shaving with something I would never have thought of just a month ago. I had less neck irritation than I was getting from my DE razor as well. I wouldn't mind trying a mongoose now...

SOTD_2016_05_14.jpg

Pre-Shave: argan oil with lavender and peppermint
Mug: Winchcombe Pottery
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 British
Blade: Gem Personna
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post-Shave: Alum & Witch Hazel
After-Shave: L'Occitane balm

Awesome shave. The 1912 gave me by far the closest and most comfortable shave I have ever had. BBS, Dolphin, whatever you want to call it. It was a revelation, my face hasn't been that smooth since I was 12. It was exciting shaving with something I would never have thought of just a month ago. I had less neck irritation than I was getting from my DE razor as well. I wouldn't mind trying a mongoose now...

View attachment 18518

Welcome to the world of SE! Great razors the 1912, both in looks and use.
I'd leave it a while until you really get into the 1912 before thinking of another type. A little tip I could offer is to palm strop the blades before and between uses. The first shave can be rougher but this definitely helps. You'll extend the use as well, I went from five to ten just by palm stropping twenty times between shaves.
Try a GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf next.

Back
Top Bottom