Supporter
Sat 16th July

Omega s10065
Williams Ice Blue Cream
PAL Injecto-matic
Schick S/S [ 3-Japan ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Williams AV Ice Blue A/S lotion

Funny how some Razor/Blade combinations work well with Soaps rather than creams. This cream is proving to be one of my favourites , and provides good lather and cushion.
Usual nice smooth shave with this razor, with the blade being very effective.

IMG_0751.jpg

LDQ9CFxh.jpg

Now, time to hit Slide & Splash with my boys!

IMG_20160715_195640 (1).jpg Saturday 16th July 2016.
Shower:/nivea hair,body & face wash.
  • Shaving recipe:
  • Razor: frankenrazor-Muhle R41 head-1972 Gillette tech aluminium handle.
  • Blade: Derby extra.(new)
  • Brush:Erasmic pure bristle.
  • Soap: Blue's Goat milk shaving soap+ 4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • Alocolado Glacial Mentholated splash.
  • Nivea Men Sensitive cooling post shave balm.
  • It's been a merkur shaving week for me,starting today into next week'll be using my Muhle's and going back to my first DE razor my Wikinson sword. Classic..The frankenrazor combo gave me a wonderful shave, the Aluminium handle,/and derby extra blade give me a aggressive, but no irritation smooth shave..the Alocolado mentholated Splash has gave me a kick start to the day.:)

For today's episode of what did you shave with!
Hot shower
Pre shave Myrsol emulsion
Saponifico verasino 70th soap (this is the 9th shave from a sample when will it end!)
TSR 2016 brush
kai captain razor loaded with feather pro light for my cheeks
ATT S1 loaded with Polsilver iridium blade
thayers tonic
Myrsol emulsion for afters

My oh my what a wonderful shave this morning. I have to say that I found the Polsilver a great match for my S1.
On the subject of teaching your son to shave, my 9 year old made up his own lather (as good as me!) and then we went through him shaving with an empty shavelette. Wonderful start to the day listening to Vivaldi, wonderful shave and boy time!

SOTD - Juli 16
Pre: Shower and NSS Old Grey Bristle Test Coconut Milk Pre Shave Soap
Razor: ATT R2
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Soap: OSP Barbershop

Great shave today. I really like my ATT R2. Other probably won't agree, but I think the ATT R2 have just that bit more bite then my Muhle R41. BBS result.

SOTD 20 A.JPG

- Noxema & hot shower
(The Noxema "moisturising" Klassic Kleen is closer to the older kind, has the old recipe's Linseed & Camphor, which the new recipe omits)
- Schick Krona + Feather (1)
(Recently arrived from the USA, part of an amazing package - of which more later - I'm confident, from the "Patents Pending" stamp, that it's a '67-'68 model. This *may* be my perfect shaving combo: Krona + Feather. It wasn't supposed to be this way... I'm an R41 man, and ER 1914 man)
- L'Occitane synthetic
(Apparently Plisson make other, non-synthetic brushes, and they're quite good. Who knew? :) )
- Maca Root shave creme
(I chose the Bodyshop maca root creme, not the dozens of other maca root cremes made by artisans and corporations alike)

- Witch hazel + Nivea Originals balm
(Slimmed down aftercare)

I've never liked showershaving (as I said elsewhere: If you're into nakedness and razor blades, more power to ya, but why drag shaving into it?) so I've forced myself to shower shave every day this week. I don't like face lathering either, so have been doing that all week too. Both have made me appreciate what I've been missing, and last night I shaved semi-properly - but still with what I consider to be a pretty slimmed down kit, no alum water, no rose or lavender water. It was about as perfect as a shave gets for me. The Krona is a revelation.

Saturday 16th July

The one with the half and half

Hot shower
Calani Oriental Plum soap
WD Canis Majoris brush
Ever Ready Streamline SE
Gillette Slim adjustable (5)
Gillette Platinum blade (5?)
Boobs aftershave
Playboy Berlin cologne

I don't seem to have the patience for SE. The Slim is such a reliable tool it was too tempting just to finish off with it instead of the Streamline.

It's great to have such high quality kit to use. Perfect preparation for a gentle day shopping and boozing in Bakewell.

Back
Top Bottom