S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th - Friday 23rd January, 2015 incl.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: Granstaff Holy Smokes
Bowl: Woodhead Tall Large Scuttle
Brush: L'Occitane synthetic
Razor: 1924 SE + Globalneedz handle
Blade: Gem (9)
After: Aqua Velva AS, Village Barber ASB

Nine shaves making 27 passes with this Gem blade and it's still going great guns. I've found that not having the water too hot also stops this soap from irritating my skin.
Very enjoyable shave.
Have a very enjoyable day, folks.

SOTD150120_zps47322532.jpg

Razor: Bengall Cast Steel
Brush: Mr.Skull
Soap: Valobra Almond
ASB: Bulldog

Another Day Another Shave :)
This time i swing my old Bengall Smily Wedge witch is a great fun shaver. This one has no thumbguard and needs to be hold with dry hands :D

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPYhrktfkCk[/video]​

Mongoose & UFO
Feather AC Pro (11)
Thäter 4125/1 2B
Martin de Candre
Myrsol Agua Balsamica

I think I'll retire this blade at the end of the week. It won't have as many shaves on the clock as I often get from a Feather Pro but then it has been on the go since 27th December.

Shower
Cella
Semogue 830
Progress [3,2,1]
Schick Premium [1]
Adidas Pure Game AS
Nivea Moisturiser
Milton Lloyd Success

New Schick Premium, fresh from Unuta77. What a cracking blade. Smooth and sharp, up there with my favourites (Lab blue, Rapira Swedish), but more expensive.

7504D748-4596-478B-9506-ACAE181E3A60_zpsy87kdhd1.jpg

3P
Omega 49
MdC
ATT H2
Lab Blue (1)
Castle Forbes Lime ASB

I still don't get the MdC, dense lather but lacking slip and very drying on my skin. Skipped the usual splash and went straight for the balm. A quick rub over with a handy Palmolive stick before the last pass increased the slip to an acceptable level.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 rebranded Macys silvertip large flopmeister fine for creams
Schick F type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
Xpec SC
Neutrogena oil-free moisture sensitive skin (really nice balm like stuff that's best used in cold weather.
No EdT for some reason

I was all set to use something other than the Xpec but I said screw it. Yeah shit, I could be dead tomorrow so why not use the stuff! How's that for rationalizing? It were good on my purty face and smelled good in my nose.

I was looking at the Webly, but leaning towards the Schick F type (in my best Dylan voice). That goofy looking injector thing is so damn much fun to use, the Webly never got wet like intended. Nope, that silly F, even with a 6-7 shave blade in the thing, is sooo easy on my face, but still effective.

BBS results,

Martin

Nanny's Pre-shave soap
Schick Grip
Blade as supplied with razor (NOS Gillette Platinum I think )
R.L. Safari Soap
TSN Semogue Bodger
T&H No 10 ASB

The Schick shaved very well and is a good addition to my arsenal, R.L. soap is losing some of it's scent but performance is great. Finished off with No10 ASB, all in all very good shave without any irritation.

Proraso green pre shave
LA Soaps Topanga Fougère Shaving Soap
Slim Adjustable on No4 with Rapira Swedish Steel blade
Omega 49
witch hazel
Nivea Balm
First time I've used these blades and bought 200 on everyones say so. I'm relieved they were such a good shave
Gaz

missingskin said:
Schick Grip
Blade as supplied with razor (NOS Gillette Platinum I think )

The Schick shaved very well and is a good addition to my arsenal,

What's doin missingchin,

I like using that razor too. One of the best handles as far as how it feels in use, along with the milder head. Some of those old blades can be real nice.

Marv

Last night's shave:

Cold water splash
Valobra Stick (grated)
TGN 22mm Finest in Vulfix 404 handle
ATT R1 Kronos
Astra SP (1)
Myrsol Emulsion

First time with the ATT R1 plate after using the open comb M2 exclusively for quite some time. Was expecting a slightly more aggressive shave (not a bad thing for me), but also felt smooth. Decided to forgo touch ups till I get more familiar with it, so that may have contributed to not feeling that close-shaved. Definitely need a few more shaves under the belt, using different blades, to get a more informed opinion.

Weds 21 January 2015

Neutrogena Glyc Bar
Vulfix 404 mixed
La Toja Cream
MMFW
Gem coated [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Nivea A/S balm
Myrsol Antesol A/S

Very Mild razor,decent daily shave- but not very close. MMCP gets closer with ease.

Hot water face splash
Exfoliating face wash with Dr. Squatch Pine Tar Soap
Wickham Soap Co Super Smooth Club Cola
New Forest High Mountain White 2224
Schick Injector L1
Schick Injector Blades
Cold water face splash
Bulldog Original After Shave Balm
Yardley Citrus Wood EdT

Greetings

Wednesday 21st January 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Treet 1912 Baton Handle
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue OC Boar
Soap: Vitos Extra Super
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Cerruti 1881

Regards
Dick.

DSC05854.JPG

TUESDAY EVENING

Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Pro
Brush: Thater badger
Cream: Speick
AS: Hai Karate
Balm: GFT sandalwood skinfood
EDT (in morning): Encre Noire

It's been a bit of a revelation returning to the Cobra after using the Mongoose. I really don't think there is anything in it between the two.

So I won't be selling the Cobra I don't think. Nice to have it as another option.

Back
Top Bottom