24 April

16635636393_ef8b6e8b25_o.png

Pre: RazoRock menthol/lime soap
Soap: CRSW Select Fougère Moderne
Brush: Romera LE horn, 28mm Manchurian
Razor: Ikon DLC OC w/OSS handle
Blade: Feather (2)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by CRSW Fougère Moderne balm
I love this take on fougere. Light, airy and very spring-like. Post-shave skin care is unmatched! Super smooth 3-pass BBS.
Gave myself a squirt of Penhaligon's "Esprit du Roi" EdT once I got to work.

Had another stellar shave with the Schick "Krona". Truly a wonderful razor.

Razor: Gold, Schick "Krona"
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Proraso white
A/S: Myrsol Plastic Shave and Anherb (my current two favorites)

wgrcsn.jpg

This afternoons shave was very pleasing....
I got in from work early, went into my workshop and saw a J Mitchell and sons straight razor on my bench that I had purchased a few weeks ago for a couple of quid, the blade was ok but the scales where broken..so after removing the scales I modified the blade by a bit of shaping and Cutting a notch in the toe and rounding off the heel a bit which was followed by a polish on my polisher.... Then it was a case of shaping up and polishing a bit of buffalo horn for new scales and pinning it all together..finished of by honing the blade and it was ready for a shave...very pleasing...

Talors of old bond street, sandalwood shave cream.
L'Occitane, Plisson brush.
Modified J Mitchell and sons straight razor....
M & S Woodspice aftershave.

image.jpg1_zps7qtztx5u.jpg

Unknown OC Razor
Castle Forbes Lavender Cream
Grosvenor Boar/Badger Brush
Polsilver Blade

I was quite dubious looking at this. My first OC shave and it didn't look as though it had too much finesse. In the end it was fine and with the Polsilver perhaps lacked that bit of aggression. Very curious to try it out with something a little sharper - maybe even try a Feather which I've not done for a while.

The Castle Forbes is an excellent performer but the scent is a little rich for me. If you like a strong scent though, and plenty do, it's thoroughly recommended.

Friday

Evening, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (7)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave cream: La Toja
Aftershave: Royall Muske
Cologne: Royall Muske

Friday 24th
Nuage menthol shave oil
Nivea Originals Cream
Kent Infinity Synthetic/Bowl lathered
Merkur 37c slant aka Enchanted 2
Astra SP #1
3 pass
Alum block
Witch Hazel
Alcolado splash
Real Shaving Co balm

My 1st use of the pass around 37c slant, in fact 1st time with a slant. Absolutely super shave.

Prep: A few beers + cold water splash
Razor: ATT H2 Kronos
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (2)
Brush: Stumpy Gecko 2-Band Walnut
Cream: Speick
Aftershave: Speick Balm

My first try of Speick cream & balm, i bought these as i really rate their aftershave splash.

Excellent shave, the cream & balm are excellent.

The blade is good, but it feels exactly the same as a Rapira super stainless to me.

isaiah53 said:
czech and speake no88 shaving soap

Because that soap is so good, I tried like hell to like the scent but no go. Used it 4-5 times and it was just too dark for me. Man, it performed well though. One of those where if you like the fragrance the soap is worth the price.

Back
Top Bottom