S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th March to Friday 24th March 2017

Morning gents,

Last night's shave report and it was a bit of a rushed/tired shave at midnight so that is not the best start! @halvor I used the L.A.S.S.C woody lavender soap and the scent is definitely a woody lavender, not a floral lavender. At least it's true to its name. I got a slight burning sensation on my upper lip using this soap which is a first for me, I hope it's a one off. The lather was very airy, probably too much water in the brush, but it didn't provide the kind of lather I wanted. I will try again in the future. The Shavemac 386 brush was a joy to use as always.

Used the King Cobra for the last time before it disappears to be welcomed with open arms by @Acer89, I'll miss it. Using the Feather Super blade on its second outing, two passes, not too much issue. The lather didn't help much. I finished with a decent result, but it's not my favourite shave with this razor. A couple of weepers, but no irritation, so to that end, I'm relatively happy.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday

img_20170323_235535-01-jpeg.9742

Morning gents,

Last night's shave report and it was a bit of a rushed/tired shave at midnight so that is not the best start! @halvor I used the L.A.S.S.C woody lavender soap and the scent is definitely a woody lavender, not a floral lavender. At least it's true to its name. I got a slight burning sensation on my upper lip using this soap which is a first for me, I hope it's a one off. The lather was very airy, probably too much water in the brush, but it didn't provide the kind of lather I wanted. I will try again in the future. The Shavemac 386 brush was a joy to use as always.

Used the King Cobra for the last time before it disappears to be welcomed with open arms by @Acer89, I'll miss it. Using the Feather Super blade on its second outing, two passes, not too much issue. The lather didn't help much. I finished with a decent result, but it's not my favourite shave with this razor. A couple of weepers, but no irritation, so to that end, I'm relatively happy.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday

img_20170323_235535-01-jpeg.9742
Great picture.....again :)

Friday 24th March
Patent anniversary of the Ever Ready 1914
Cadman Custom Synthetic
OSP - Spice Road
Ever Ready 1914
GEM SSC #2 w/½ shim
Rinse>Alum>Rinse
BigBoar's No4 Bay Rum
Neutrogena Comfort Balm
HuLuaL0.jpg

Love shaving with the 1914, especially on this Patent anniversary. This is an early model with short blade stops and includes a stropping device stored in the handle.
The long blade exposure gives a super audio feedback. The ½ shim smoothed out the shave nicely. The OSP, Cadman brush and BigBoar's was the icing on the anniversary cake.

Fri 24th March
Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Red croap
Ever Ready 1914- 12 tooth travel version
Gem Coated [ 2 ]- no shim used
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Patent Day Anniversary- ER 1914.
As one who likes longer handled razors, I am quite amazed at the quality of Shave that can be coaxed out of this little Razor. Was careful in choice of soap, as I know the Vitos provides both slickness and cushion, which allowed me to get a really smooth and comfortable shave. Furthermore, as I was in no rush, I got one of those face stroking shaves that one gets from time to time.

I am really glad I learnt to master the Vintage SE razors before the arrival of the new kids on the block. I am sure that those who have successfully learnt to shave with them, also realise that the newbies are not significantly better in terms of Shave Quality that can be achieved. I am currently getting enjoyable Shaves from both Vintage & new SE/Injector Razors.

IMG_1205.jpg

Last edited:
vobj1s.jpg

Brush: Vie Long 04503
Razor: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Double Open Comb w/ Voskhod (1)
Soap: Figaro Black Special Edition

Nice shave today. Brush stink is about 4/10 now, getting better with each use. I love the scent of this soap but the lather could be a little denser, slightly airy and prone to dissipation.

The DOC was a mild shaver, I was expecting a bit of irritation and red stuff but had neither. It's like a snappy dog whose bark is worse than its bite. Did a good job considering it's the first use, I am not usually a lover of an open comb but this felt very safe.

Friday 24th March 2017
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red​
Razor: Merkur 45C
Blade: Big Ben (#3)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver Tip
Cream: Proraso Blue
AS: Proraso Blue Balm

Another excellent shave with the Big Ben blade and a Merkur 45C. I find that I can shave quicker with the 45C or the Fatip than most other razors, not that I am trying to hurry but they are both so effortless and effective.

SOTD 24-03-17
Nuavia pink soap
Zenith manchurian badger brush for foro afeitado clásico
Razor Beter 14 XXXX 8/8
After shave and cologne agua brava
The premiere of this beautiful brush that took more than two months to arrive, it is soft with good backbone, in addition to its elegant and ergonomic handle, that quick foam this soap that allows. That erotic razor, I say for being xxxx, leaving the ground ready for today Friday Venus, regular performance nuavia soap, the smell that reminds me of chewing gum, the agua brava ends up making it very enjoyable.
Excellent day friends.
d202e6e877ebf05a766d781fa5bcd3b5.jpg

Enviado desde la guarida del lobo estepario...
Sent from the lair of the steppe wolf...

Back
Top Bottom