4f2b0d0b1b6f93b8592046b1abf860a8.jpg

View attachment 24488 SOTD 5th April

Razor...Hone type 15
Blade...Polsilver Iridium Super #2
Soap...Lea soap stick (tallow)
Brush...SOC Two band badger
Post...Thayers lavender
EDP...L' Aventure....Al Harmain

I was kindly gifted the Lea soap stick by @Norfolkdick so I thought I would use it as intended, I normaly only bowl lather so face lathering was a new experance for me. I'm pleased I gave it a try because I found it to be just as easy as bowl lathering and now I know I can do it I may do it more offten, so thank you Dick. I found the Lea soap to be slick and offered plenty of protection, a great shave was had. :)

Enjoy your day people.......:)
The Hone looks great, almost imposing.

Gngs

Wednesday 5th April 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Astra Green Pkt.
Brush: Vulfix / L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Lalique Encre Noir

Because of all the extremely positive reports on this forum I have purchased a Fatip, being a P.O.P. (poor old pensioner) I was also influenced by the very affordable price ie under twenty quid! :D This is my first shave with it.

I choose the Green Pkt. Astra blades as they are quite simply the blades I have the most experience with and thus a known quantity, before I started SE shaving I regularly used these blades

The appearance of the Fatip compares precisely with it's cost namely cheap, certainly not perfect, the surface finish has a lot of minor tool marks showing through the nickel plating but it is perfectly functional and the blade protrusion is equal along it's length and the same on both sides.

The shave I found to be really just superb, the razor is quite aggressive but not excessively so and in no way angle sensitive. I found it a super easy razor to use, not tricky and with no quirks. It is difficult (and probably wrong) to judge a razor on one shave but there are some razors where you can tell at the very first stroke that it will perform, this razor was one. This is one of the very best shaving DE razors I have tried, and it must rate in terms of value for money at the very top of the tree.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 24490

Glad you like the Fatip, I agree with you re the finish of the razor but the shave as you said are superb.
Your not wrong with your judgement of the Piccolo ;)

2nt91mu.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Americana
Razor: PAA Oxblood Bakelite Open Comb Slant w/ Voskhod (1)
Soap: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola

That was a surprising shave, I went in expecting to hate the slant but I found it very comfortable and not as scary as I was anticipating. Felt a comfier shave than the Fine slant. A lot of blade exposure but the blade more of less sits on the comb so there is no gap as such. I got a small weeper on my cheek (didn't notice it) and being over zealous on a touch up on my upper lip I gave myself two more (my own fault, didn't need to do it).

The Shavemac was superb, it really holds the water and lather, I could have shaved the dog too the amount og lather I had left in the brush. Felt very soft and maybe a tiny bit of scritch, good backbone to it too. Wickhams performed superbly as one can expect and topped off quite nicely with an explosion of berries.

Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol shaving cream
EJ 25mm Synthetic
RazoRock Black Hawk
Kai Pink (1)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel

First time trying a Kai Pink (generously gifted by @patw ) in my RazoRock Hawk, in a continuing quest to find the perfect blade to match the razor for when I'll take it on my travels (the razor is super-light and is the perfect SE travel companion IMO). It's certainly a very competent blade for the razor, although perhaps not as smooth as a Feaher ProGuard, but a few more shaves will be needed to reach an informed opinion.

Greetings

Wednesday 5th April 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Astra Green Pkt.
Brush: Vulfix / L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Tabac Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Lalique Encre Noir

Because of all the extremely positive reports on this forum I have purchased a Fatip, being a P.O.P. (poor old pensioner) I was also influenced by the very affordable price ie under twenty quid! :D This is my first shave with it.

I choose the Green Pkt. Astra blades as they are quite simply the blades I have the most experience with and thus a known quantity, before I started SE shaving I regularly used these blades

The appearance of the Fatip compares precisely with it's cost namely cheap, certainly not perfect, the surface finish has a lot of minor tool marks showing through the nickel plating but it is perfectly functional and the blade protrusion is equal along it's length and the same on both sides.

The shave I found to be really just superb, the razor is quite aggressive but not excessively so and in no way angle sensitive. I found it a super easy razor to use, not tricky and with no quirks. It is difficult (and probably wrong) to judge a razor on one shave but there are some razors where you can tell at the very first stroke that it will perform, this razor was one. This is one of the very best shaving DE razors I have tried, and it must rate in terms of value for money at the very top of the tree.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 24490

Glad the Fatip Piccolo lived up to the hype and you're happy with it. I've found the Gillette 7 o'clock yellows to work very well with it. Then again every blade I've used works a treat in it.

Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom