SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap Oleo Soaps Pucker
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (3)
Brush: Semogue 830
A/S: Old Spice Swagger
Balm: Rock Face Shaving Butter

The scent and performance on this soap is just brilliant. Definitely another artisan to check out.

IMG_4942.JPG

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 02 July 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm
Cream/Soap: - Stirling Island Man 5x
Razor: - Colonial General Aluminum Head with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Feather Professional #2
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Lavender' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

image.jpg SOTD 2nd June

Prep....Shower, Olive oil soap
Razor....Gem natural angle aka G bar
Blade....Pal super carbon
Soap....SV Tundra Artica
Brush....BSSW Gonzo
Post....Thayers Rose petal / Jojoba oil
Scent....Molecule 01 / Bond number 9 New York

Well this was a first for me, a Pal Super Carbon blade kindly given to me by @Norfolkdick. I was looking forward to using it in my Gem natural angle So after lathering up with the superb SV Tundra Artica I got down to it, within a couple of strokes I knew I was in for a smooth shave. Not only is this blade smooth it is also super sharp, I could have stopped at the second pass which would have left me with a DFS but with soap left in the bowl and my need for perfect smoothness made me carry on. On the third pass I was as smooth as can be and it was the smoothest shave I have ever had from this razor.....these blades are fantastic. I realise that I will get a couple fewer shaves from one of these blades than I do from the Personna a Gem stainless blades and I know they are three times the price but if I was a rich man I would not hesitate to buy these because they are nothing short of fantastic.
Thank you Dick, that was the most enjoyable shave I've had with this razor.
Finnished off with a splash of Thayers and once dryed I applied a few drops of Jojoba oil to my skin as a general moisturiser.
A spray of the wonderful Molecule 01 on my chest and a dab or three of Bond number 9 New York here and there.

Wishing you all a good day........:)

Last edited:
View attachment 26559 SOTD 2nd June

Prep....Shower, Olive oil soap
Razor....Gem natural angle aka G bar
Blade....Pal super carbon
Soap....SV Tundra Artica
Brush....BSSW Gonzo
Post....Thayers Rose petal / Jojoba oil
Scent....Molecule 01 / Bond number 9 New York

Well this was a first for me, a Pal a Super Carbon blade kindly given to me by @Norfolkdick. I was looking forward to using it in my Gem natural angle So after lathering up with the superb SV Tundra Artica I got down to it, within a couple of strokes I knew I was in for a smooth shave. Not only is this blade smooth it is also super sharp, I could have stopped at the second pass which would have left me with a DFS but with soap left in the bowl and my need for perfect smoothness made me carry on. On the third pass I was as smooth as can be and it was the smoothest shave I have ever had from this razor.....these blades are fantastic. I realise that I will get a couple fewer shaves from one of these blades than I do from the Personna a Gem stainless blades and I know they are three times the price but if I was a rich man I would not hesitate to buy these because they are nothing short of fantastic.
Thank you Dick, that was the most enjoyable shave I've had with this razor.
Finnished off with a splash of Thayers and once dryed I applied a few drops of Jojoba oil to my skin as a general moisturiser.
A spray of the wonderful Molecule 01 on my chest and a dab or three of Bond number 9 New York here and there.

Wishing you all a good day........:)
Cracking looking shave P...:)

My SOTD with a couple of new editions, used my Gillette New English razor loaded with a new Personna Super lab blue my first time trying the blade and wow what a sharp blade but very smooth I tied it all together with omega shaving cream again my first time using the cream and it is great smell isn't too bad quite a fresh smell excellent post shave feel, and I think you get a bit of bang for your buck, face latherd with a Vulfix 404 grovesnor brush and finished with an album block a very good shave the personna's may be my first 100 blade purchase, we will see how we go

Shower
Vegetal Soap - Lilly Of The Valley
Floid - Aceite De Afeitado
James Kent - Osaka Shaving Scuttle
La Toja - Shaving Soap
Dr. Dittmar - 23mm Best Badger
Face Lathering
Ever Ready - 1912
GEM - PTFE (1)
WTG / XTG / ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Tüff - Sensitive Unscented Aftershave
Claus Porto - Musgo Real No. 2 Eau De Cologne Oak Moss

Wonderful Sunday morning shave accompanied by the soundtrack of the movie "Midnight in Paris" by Woody Allen.

SOTD: 2nd July 2017.
B.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 'S' Series Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream & Soap : Erasmic Cream + Arko Shave Stick (disk).

Blade: Personna Lab Blue .(2)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword 'Classic' .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Blue Stratos~ A/S .

Gillette A/S Balm.
Greetings,

After the "Franken-Lather " cream/Soap combo experiment yesterday,i've carried on using the remainder of the Arko shave stick disk, mixing it together with a small amount of Erasmic cream,resulting in another excellent creamy slick protective lather,on equal par to yesterday's "Franken-Lather " creation.

It's been quite a while since i last shaved with my Wilkinson sword 'Classic' Razor, it paired up nicely with the Personna L.B.

A mild, but efficient 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report yet again.

Finishing my sunday shave off in style with a liberal splash of Blue Stratos.

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

My sunday morning musical sermon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom