S.O.T.D. Saturday 1th JuneMay to Friday 7th June 2013 ...

Prep: Hot shower (well not so hot, bloody teenagers ;-))
Brush: Semogue SOC two band
Razor: Garanti, silberstahl
Soap: LEA stick
AS: Proraso
Result: Very, very clean :D

Used this one two times after a touch up on a new stone, slightly better, but not much ... most likely my technique.

It's weekend, so I went for a smooth three pass shave :)

Prep: shower, and face wash with Palmolive soap bar
Cream: Balea Sensitive (decent cream, nothing fancy)
Brush: Omega 10019 boar brush (with a modified handle)
Razor: MÜHLE R89
Blade: Personna Red (my favourite blade)
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive

Greetings

Saturday 1st June 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM 1912 Damaskeene OC
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Derby Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

My very first shave with this new to me razor.

I've been after an open comb Dammy for a very long time. It shaves exactly as I've read it would and expected; just wonderfully; easy to use, a bit of bite but not silly aggressive. After just one shave I am very impressed. This one is not a perfect specimen but it is a perfect shaver!

Regards
Dick.

DSC04384.JPG

SATURDAY MORNING

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Kai Excelia \ Mergress long handle
Blade: Feather Proguard \ Super Iridium (2)
Brush: Neep Jasper Aztec
Soap: GFT Sandalwood - scuttle lathered

Managed three passes with the kamisori without gashing myself. Huzzah.

Unfortunately the finish wasn't great (I need to build up a lot of muscle memory for an ATG kamisori pass) so had to clean up with Mergress and consequently did cut myself.

Rod's brush has effectively been a straight swap for my Simpson Hive. Never got a good lather with the hive, used Rod's once and got a fantastic lather so I'm happy. :)

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower (well not so hot, bloody teenagers ;-))
Brush: Semogue SOC two band
Razor: Garanti, silberstahl
Soap: LEA stick
AS: Proraso
Result: Very, very clean :D

Used this one two times after a touch up on a new stone, slightly better, but not much ... most likely my technique.

Greetings

Please excuse my silly question but I am not a straight razor user. How do you hone a lovely razor like this without wearing off the nice pattern on the spine? To my untrained eye it does not appear to be a frame back with a removable blade.

Regards
Dick.

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Cobra Classic / Feather Pro
Semogue 2012 SEOC
Proraso White Soap (New Formula)
Myrsol Agua Balsamica

<insert Katz's Delicatessen scene from when Harry met Sally>

Proraso pre
Vulfix bodger
Cela
Rocket HD and Asra SP for bonce
Feather Artist and pro-guard blade for face
Sudacreme for post shave care followed up with some 4711

A nice long and relaxing shave. Must really be getting to grips with the feather, not a single nick on the face and no irritation. Out of practise shaving the head though, too many nicks to count and my wife thought i had used the feather on my head due to the amount of blood on the towel. I had to get her to apply the styptic pencil to the back of the head, OUCH!

One of those great to be alive and shaving traditionally mornings!

A cup of Tarrazu Valley, Costa Rica, coffee., with the cats laying on my bed in the sunshine, purring to saw wood.
Swagger and Jacks ultimate shave oil.
A TGN finest knot in a Gairdner 'Steadfast' handle.
Acqua di Parma soap.
Jianju Swordfish blade.
Futur razor.
L'Occitane balm.
Mrs. Mikael's favourite a/s and cologne - can't think of it's name and it's upstairs and I'm too idle - Ultra Violet.
Nigel Kennedy sharing some Inner Thoughts throughout.

Lions and BaBas to come! after I've finally managed to cease faceturbating. Whether or not!

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Please excuse my silly question but I am not a straight razor user. How do you hone a lovely razor like this without wearing off the nice pattern on the spine? To my untrained eye it does not appear to be a frame back with a removable blade.

Regards
Dick.

No problem, ask away, I'll answer if I can. You put electric tape on the spine. Some say this is cheating/not a fair thing to do though, since it's an easy task to see how much honing/wear a razor has from the the hone wear. Tape also helps sometimes, when you want a higher angle towards the edge when honing, there's also some methods, were you only use tape at the end of the honing session etc ...

Bechet45 said:
Mrs. Mikael's favourite a/s and cologne - can't think of it's name and it's upstairs and I'm too idle - Ultra Violet.
Paco Rabane?

Colgate shaving stick (1950s or '60s; Palmolive stick with a hint of menthol left in it, 1/8d)
Henk walnut silvertip
Open Comb New with MEM Super Silver Platinum (second shave)
Superdrug Forest Fresh a/s

Beautiful.

Today's shave,
Pre: Jack Black beard lube.
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #58. (Loaned in)
Blade: Vintage Scottish Perma-Sharp. (2)
Brush: Rooney 2XL Jade, 2 band.
Cream: T&H Almond from the sample pack.
Aftershave: Myrsol Blue.
EdC: Floris 89.

[attachment=7416]

Nice and clean shave today.

Scott.

Afternoon, everyone.

Saturday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Monsavon
A/S: Captain, Molyneux
Cologne: Captain, Molyneux

Wow! What a great shave! I got a pack of Polsilvers from Ebay and the blade gave me a fantastically smooth but sharp and close shave which ended in an unintentional BBS. I knew it was cutting because of the sound it made, but I couldn't feel the cutting at all. Now I understand the praise for the Polsilvers. Oh well, I suppose I'll have to buy a couple of hundred of these to add to the collection.

Back
Top Bottom