S.O.T.D Saturday 21th October - Friday 27th October 2017

20171026_204306-jpg.19506

Razor: The General
Razor blade: Kai Pink
Brush: Zenith Manchurian
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Cream: The Traditional traditional Shaving Company Leodis

Second outing with the SS General. I found it quite aggressive tonight.
I believe this is down to the cream. I do like the cream but it's lack of protection and cushion is something I've had concerns about previously and it really showed tonight. I was left with red patches and some light weepers.
will try it next with a soap, either by Saponificio Varesino or Eufros

I've got used to the balance of the razor now as initial I found it quite head heavy. I still think it's on the heavy side for me. Time will tell.

The shave was very close but not the most comfortable. I finished off with the Wickhams Cashmere aftershave which I really like.
It matches the Leodis cream very well.
If anyone is looking for a cologne to pair with Cashmere, TTSC do a matching cologne to Leodis so maybe with a punt.
@Manicdee

Laters gents. I'll leave you with...

Date: 27 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Limited Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk 6x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice Cobalt
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Artist Club Professional #9
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original)

Friday 27th October

Birch Tar Soap
Somersets Oil
Proraso Wood and Spice Shave Cream
Vie-Long Olive Wood and Cashmere
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Feather AC SS Folding razor and Feather SuperPro
Alum Block and Rinse
Homemade Buttermix
Old Spice Original AS

Two Passes for a DFS+ . The Proraso smells Beautiful! :)

SOTD 27OCT17.JPG
#SOTD 27OCT17
Razor: Razorock Mamba w/ Hemple Wave
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Bishop
Soap: Grooming Dept. Credence
Post: Thayers' Witch Hazel Lemon & Caldey Island Lavender EdT
The Hempel handle on the Mamba was perfect; it's a bit shorter at 85 mm vice 90 and it's much heavier. I found it added just enough force to get the Mamba to be more efficient. @groomingdept Credence is such a superb performer, love the scent and ease of lather. Feed this soap water and you'll be rewarded with a super slick and hydrating lather that will protect you and provide one of the best post shaves you'll find.

Pre:

Lucky Tiger face wash
Edwin Jagger pre shave cream

Shave:

The Personal Barber synthetic brush
The Personal Barber razor
Treet Black
Delicate Owl Lavender soap

Fine Snakebite Aftershave

First use of snakebite, not sure what to make of it. Everything I read people said it had a burn but I did not feel it. All I had was an intense cold feeling. As though my face had been plunged into ice cold water. That stayed around for about half an hour (slightly longer in my hands).

My face feels pretty good from it, tight but not dry. Hoping the lack of scent might be better for my skin.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Fri 27th October
Omega 11126 boar
Cyril Salter solid soap
1. Personna / Schick Proline [ 1 ]
2. Schick E2/ Schick Proline [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

A Tale of Two Razors
I like the Schick Proline [Type B] Ac blade so much that I am trialling it in most of the Vintage Injectors that I currently own.

My Choice for today was the futuristic looking Personna,which to date has not worked for me.
I commenced the Shave with a good lather, and it felt as though doing a good job , but after a few passes and a feel of the face it was obvious again that this Razor was not cutting at all. I had no alternative but to stop the Shave and go for plan B.Rather a shame that I unpacked and used this Mint Set, but I would always have wondered if it was good.

After washing my face I loaded up a Schick B1 which I had planned to use for my next Shave. Loading of the blade is by hand and needs care to ensure that it comes to rest against the blade stops, as by rushing it is easy to damage the blade.

I then relathered, and from the off the Shave was really smooth but but surprisingly efficient. Its weight is very good as it allows you to avoid the use of any pressure whilst shaving. Other than needing to check that the blade has not shifted off the stops, the shave was completed without any problems. The Ease and Quality of the Shave was probably better than any I have got from any Schick that I have used with a single blade. In fact probably better than those I get with my favourite PAL Injecto-Matic.

IMG_0039.jpg

That's more like it...

2A7A076A-8633-4B25-96EC-80707FA2ABFD.jpg

Parker Variant #4
Bic Platinum Chrome #1
OSP Bay Rum
Midas Synth
Floid Suave + menthol

Today was a shave actually on #4 setting, which was nice! Barely any growth to remove but feeling silky smooth now. I could happily use this razor, and this razor alone herein! Bic blade felt a bit duller than some of the recent offerings but did a respectable job. Pretty smooth and felt foolproof. OSP Bay Rum was a standout performer as to be expected, and the Floid didn't sting going on and chilled me nicely with the added menthol... I do feel it needs more, however!

Step right up! ;)

Back
Top Bottom