S.O.T.D Saturday 21th October - Friday 27th October 2017

Sat 21st Oct.
Omega. 11137 boar
Faena Sandalwood
Alu. General / Windrose S/S Handle
Feather Pro ( 3 )
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Floid Vigoroso A/S lotion

I used the Alu General today, but have taken to pairing it with a S/S Handle as I prefer a little more heft. With a great lather from the Faena the Shave was very smooth, and most effective as I find the Feather Pro to work well with the General.
Very pleased with the performance of this Razor/Blade combination, which perhaps justifies my decision to part with my Brass General, as I never did get on with the handle. At least I know it has found a good home where it will be appreciated.

IMG_0032.jpg

Saturday AM 2017-10-21

Georgetown Pottery G20 Scuttle (Jet Black)
Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest #2 (20mm/52mm)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving soap (vintage)/Sienna SC (vintage)
Charcoal Goods Brass L1/Triad Aluminum Antique Bronze Diamond
Wilkinson Light Brigade (8)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)
dccNZRT.jpg

Prep - Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – ‘The Rock' ( 3 )
Blade – Gillette 7 O'clock S/P Black
Brush - 'The Archduke' (Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian)
Soap – Van Yulay: Enter the Dragon
Post - Cold water rinse / The Sudsy Soapery: Lavender & Peppermint Aftershave Splash

Van Yulay... another impeccable soap, provided a wonderful base for ‘The Rock'/Black Ninja combo... an effortless, and totally enjoyable shave. Due to time limitations, Mondays shave will be a cartridge shave, with Tallow+Steel: Rainforest, palm lathered with a basic, no name Boar brush, and finished off with Wholly Kaw: Cuero Oscuro Aftershave Toner ...

Saturday...

Soap - Santa Maria Novella
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Feather Artist Club Non-Folding
Blade - Feather Professional #3
Post - Thayer's
Smell - Alt-Innsbruck EDC

A smashing shave this evening. 2 passes (WTG/ATG and a touch-up). The Feather Professional is sharp as hell...but not one blood cell escaped. I agree with @Blademonkey that (provided care is exercised) a sharp blade is more likely to provide a safe, smooth shave. I've found that the Pros are, for me, the best blade in the AC.

The SMV soap is tremendous stuff and gave plenty cushion, glide and protection for the Japanese fellow.
55B89B01-E5B6-4250-B0C8-0B0A8A45FEB9.jpeg

Sat 21st Oct.
Omega. 11137 boar
Faena Sandalwood
Alu. General / Windrose S/S Handle
Feather Pro ( 3 )
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Floid Vigoroso A/S lotion

I used the Alu General today, but have taken to pairing it with a S/S Handle as I prefer a little more heft. With a great lather from the Faena the Shave was very smooth, and most effective as I find the Feather Pro to work well with the General.
Very pleased with the performance of this Razor/Blade combination, which perhaps justifies my decision to part with my Brass General, as I never did get on with the handle. At least I know it has found a good home where it will be appreciated.

View attachment 30205
It certainly has Mike.

SOTD: 21/10/2017

Prep: warm shower
Razor: Razorock Hawk
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 1st use
Brush: Simpson Special Best Badger
Cream: LPL Italian Barbershop
Post-shave: warm water, cold water, Thayers Witch Hazel Unscented, Boots Botanics Men's Sensitive Moisturiser, LPL Italian Barbershop Aftershave

20171021_141452.jpg

I don't think the Feather Pro blade is for me so bought the Pink blades from Shaving Station. They are better but still getting weepers. I'm going to give these a good try before deciding whether to continue with a SE.

Last edited:
SOTD_20171020-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Above The Tie - SE1
  • Blade: Feather - Super Professional
  • Shaving Brush: Sorrentino - Barzini (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Soap: Sapone Di Paolo - Cremoso
  • After-Shave: Sapone Di Paolo - Cremoso
Hi,
Just wondering what do you think of the Above The Tie SE and what razor blades have you tried?
I have been considering purchasing a SE and Above The Tie seems to make high quality razors.

SOTD_20171020-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Above The Tie - SE1
  • Blade: Feather - Super Professional
  • Shaving Brush: Sorrentino - Barzini (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Soap: Sapone Di Paolo - Cremoso
  • After-Shave: Sapone Di Paolo - Cremoso
Hi,
Just wondering what do you think of the Above The Tie SE and what razor blades have you tried?
I have been considering purchasing a SE and Above The Tie seems to make high quality razors.

SOTN

Pre
Hot shower

Razor
Feather as d2

Blade
Perma sharp second use

Brush
Wolf whiskers 25mm black wolf fan

Soap
Wickhams 1912 classic 24

Fine platinum aftershave

A nice smooth shave today...don't think this blade gets me quite as close as some of the others I've tried have but it certainly seems to have smoothed out on the second shave...really enjoyable !

Great shave tonight. Ruined one patch on my neck a couple of days ago trying out my Rocket HD and had to miss a shave to let it heal.
20171021_211620_1508619235691_1508619541833.jpg

Soho Joe Original Face Wash
Omega Pro49 Red
Tabac!!!
Gillette English Rocket TV Special
Polsilver SI
A little alum, and
Proraso After shave balm

First try of Tabac. Excellent to face lather with the omega. Slick as anything. Does remind me of my grandad. Could use it every day I think.

Back
Top Bottom