S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd April to Friday 28th April 2017

SOTD:22nd April 2017.​
View attachment 24854
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien~Men: Tropical blast Shower Gel & Shampoo / warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Boots: Freshwood Brushless Shave Cream .

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Palmolive"Classic".

Blade: Super-max Super Platinum.(0)

Razor: Parker 94R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Old Spice A/S.

Groomed: Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,
A new shave set up to start the weekend, llast week i recieved two new shaving products a Parker 94R and a new bottle of Old Spice aftershave..i purchased the Parker 94R after my 22R accidently fell from the window sill and buckling one the doors ,which was beyond repair..anyway the 94R i got to replace it, i've got a growing collection of Parker razors, they have always perfomed, with smoothness & efficiency..
Today was the "maiden Shave" with the 94R.matched up with a Super-max SP.blade, and my Palmolive "Classic" Cream..resulting in one of the most Flawless 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave that i've had since i started DE shaving.."I MEAN FLAWLESS PERFECTION"it may sound slightly over exaggerated the reaction to my new humble 94R, for it's Maiden shave..it's a instant favourite of mine, of which can match any of my other DE razors.

what a shave, and to top it off, finishing the shave off with a generous Splash of the newly purchased Old Spice.
Enjoy your day,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
The Parker 94R is lovely razor so underated but very efficient and Shaves smoothly, I think it is slightly more aggressive than a Merkur 34, it has a real good solid weight to it and the knurling is beautiful. I have both the 94R and the 97R, I feel the 97R is slightly heavier.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The Parker 94R is lovely razor so underated but very efficient and Shaves smoothly, I think it is slightly more aggressive than a Merkur 34, it has a real good solid weight to it and the knurling is beautiful. I have both the 94R and the 97R, I feel the 97R is slightly heavier.

I agree with you ,Parker razors are underated,why ?.i don't really know... probably because some people are reading old reviews on quality concerns...... Over the last few years Apparently they have improved with quality...it's each to there own choice, i find them reliable and very efficient.. i can honestly say, i've never had any issues with any of my parkers... they are all well balanced...The 94R.i love it's size and is also quite a weighty little lady, as are most parker razors, some heavier than others,the weight of them is another reason why i like them..plus the beautiful finishes on them,and most importantly the price..great value for money imho...Regards.

Last edited:
Yes, totally agree with you the best bang for your buck! I picked up both my Parker 94R and the 96R for £14.30 each at www.themodernman.co.uk they stock other razors too but the Parkers were a steal at that price point! No quality issues with any of my Parker Razors, I have to say that the 94R has replaced my Merkur 34C as I tend to reach out for that as the blade gap is more aggressive. Used it yesterday and paired it with a fresh GSB blade, Wickhams Club Cola soap, flawless 3 pass smooth shave........Regards

Thanks for the link..if i need another parker razor to add to my already growing collection, this is a excellent site to pick them up from...One of the main reasons that i have a fondness for Parkers is the blade gap & the weight,and the smooth aggression which i find a good balance.. i too have a Merkur 34C, of which i still use, but my parker's deliver a more aggressive shave,of which i prefer to my shaves most of the time..i still like to shave withmy non-aggressive razors once in a while though.

SOTD 20170504

mJKtt6z.jpg

Brush: J&T® bamboo / Tuxedo synthetic 24 mm.
Shaving soap: Jabones by Luna "Higo y vainilla".
Razor: Souplex ("normal" thread size).
Blade: Asco Super Stainless (red wrapper) (8).
After shave: Arko Men Cool after shave cream.

This Souplex has "normal" thread size i.s.o. the usual (?) M5x0.75 thread size.
Nice razor - mild and effective.

Smooth !

Have a nice day, gentlemen ... :)

Back
Top Bottom